Me on FB

Saturday, January 12, 2013

JAN 8, 2013 - THE DAY LIFE'S BIGGEST DREAM CAME TRUE !! :) :) :)


Quite a few people have been waiting for this blog post :) ...If I had the time ..I would've written this immediately, after it happened ..but I had to catch a train back to Bangalore ..a couple of hours after this happened ...and after that, there was office work for the rest of the week...so here I am, finally writing this one ...

Plus, another reason is the fact that ...it was way too overwhelming :) :) :) ..It still didn't feel real ..it all felt like it was a dream sequence :) :) ...To be frank, it still hasn't sunk in yet :) ...Was it all real ?! Or was I dreaming / imagining things ?! WHEN YOUR LIFE'S GREATEST DESIRE EVER, COMES TRUE ...YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT IMMEDIATELY :) :) ...It definitely takes time to sink in !! :)

For those are new to this blog, you might laugh at it ..you might ridicule me ..make fun of me.....But this is me !! :) This is who I am !!! Also, I don't care :)...because, my life's greatest dream has come true :) :) :)...I don't need anything more in life...I can die peacefully and happily :) :) ...

YES !!! I WAS BLESSED WITH THE RARE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET HARRIS JAYARAJ !! :) :) :) :) :) :) ....IT HAPPENED !!! :) :) ...AND IT WAS ALL THE MORE SPECIAL, BECAUSE IT HAPPENED ON HIS BIRTHDAY !!! :) :)...

Those who know me, know much this means to me :) :) ..and are waiting for me to express it in words ...I'm trying my best to :)...though I don't think I'll be really able to! :D ...The feeling was, is and will always be too overwhelming :) :) :)

As for those who don't know me, let's just say I'm one of the world's biggest fanatics, lunatics and maniacal devotees of Harris Jayaraj :) ...YES! In spite of all the occasional inspiration, consistent reuse etc ..I still find myself attracted & addicted instantly to his music only! :) ....To know my level of fanaticism, you can read my blog post about his "On The Edge" concert in Chennai ...

Now, this post garnered diverse reactions from folks on Twitter ...Let's begin the most overwhelming one :) ..the one that matters most :)....the one which will always be counted among the greatest treasures of my life :) :) ...one which will always be counted among the most unforgettable, golden moments of my life :) - A comment from Harris Jayaraj himself, about my post :)

"Read your blog fully. I am very much moved and wish to see you once in person..my request (please never see anybody as god)TC." - @JHarrisjayaraj

My levels of happiness saw new maxima on seeing this tweet :) :) :) ...One of India's greatest musicians ever, replying to a fan :) ...There was no need for him to have done this...Like ARR or anyone else, he could've just kept his Twitter account as a one-sided information broadcast tool ...Well, to be frank, Harris doesn't interact with fans on Twitter too much..except for rare cases ....but STILL, he chose to go through my post, even though it is like a Ramayanam in itself :)...and further, he still had the ..what do you call this, down-to-earth nature, may be ? ...to even comment about it !! :) :) :) :) :) ...I still get goosebumps as I recollect my reaction when I saw this tweet for the first time :) :) :) :)...It was all bloody unbelievable !! :)

Singer Shalini ( of Ennai Konjam Maatri fame ) had commented this.. ..

"thanks alot for your remarks on the song I sang... and i must say this of hell of a review :-)"

as did Singer Megha ( of Maasi Maasi fame ) who tweeted :


MeghaAlsoHarini Singer Megha 

One of the most devoted reviews I've ever read! RT@ashwinskumar: HarrisJayaraj CONCERT: MY REVIEW / EXPERIENCE: ashwinskumar.blogspot.com/2011/10/harris


Again, all these ..may seem like small things to people ..for me..they're all treasures :) ...moments like these are the ones life is worth living for !! :) :) ...moments like these are the ones that give me the kinda happiness which ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the material world will !! :) :)

Of course, the post did get ridiculed by a lot of these so-called 'Twitter celebs" ...who spend much of their time in ridiculing Harris, glorifying ARR ...and sucking up to other like-minded celebs in their desperate bid to become more famous ....they said various things about me getting an orgasm etc etc ...lol...some of those same guys are laughing at my articles on The UnReal Times now...they probably don't realize it is me...nevertheless, call me a teenager...whatever !!....Harris saw the post and he replied :) ...nothing else matters to me ....nothing else can matter more to me ..than that !! :) ...period

So yes, until Tuesday ...Attending Harris' concert and seeing Harris' tweet about my post ...were the biggest treasures of my life :) :) ..and on Tuesday, came the mother of them all !! :) :) :) :) ...Well, Harris has asked me not to refer to him as God ...Sure sir, I can do that ...but one thing I CAN'T do is to stop worshiping you :) :)....So yes, Tuesday, Jan 8th, 2013 was the day ..one of the craziest devotees got to meet the man he worships ..and that too, on the latter's birthday :) :) :) ...

This is a photo, which I'm gonna frame, in Gold, if my money allows me to....and hang on the wall of my room ...one photo which I can worship everyday :D ...and especially whenever I sit down to make any music of my own :) :) ...Until then, this photo has already become my laptop's wallpaper :) :) :)....apart from being my FB profile pic :) .....At this point, I'd like to thank my mom for having bought me this T-shirt from Dubai  ( and my aunt for pointing this out to her )..which I'm wearing in this pic ...it was what makes the picture perfect :) :) ...Music is my life ..and music, to me, is Harris Jayaraj !! :) :)



.....and this is another thing I need to laminate and may be, frame ...this will guarantee that I will never ever feel sad or low again ..for anything in life ...This will remind me of the fact that this happened in life ..and I really have nothing bigger than this ..to live for :) :)...This is now my cover photo on FB :)



Coming to Tuesday ..well, it was Harris' birthday....and Jan 8th is always a festival for Harris fans :)....I normally spend my day listening to his songs involuntarily...but on Jan 8th, I consciously see to it that there's  a complete Harris songs playlist :) ...right from "Vaseegara" to "Google google" :) ....as do many other Harris fans, I'm sure ...

This birthday was different ...I was in Chennai...I was slightly unwell ...to add to it ..was all the tension...."Will I get to meet him?! Or no?" ....I went ahead and took the risk ....I joined AG, Solomon and other Harrisians.....we bought a nice, raspberry cake, that read "Happy Birthday Harris Music Jayraj"...I bought a big greeting card.:)....AG had very sweetly framed a snapshot of Harrismania.com, which contains all his sweat and blood :).....We went ahead to his KK Nagar residence ..where fans have previously met him on his birthday ....

There was a change of plan ...At one point, it seemed like it was going to be impossible ..as there was a new plan floated, that of meeting him on Sunday ....We got the opportunity to meet Harris' mother ..at his KK Nagar residence :) ..a nice lady who said ...avan veetukku pesaama poidunga ( Don't wait for him here ...just go to his place and wish him ..he'll be there ) ...

At around 7 pm or so, it was final - Harris had given us a slot at around 7.30 ...at his residence ...so off to Valasaravakkam we went :) ...and we saw a gigantic, palatial bungalow :) ...We were called in ..to the guest lobby ...We felt like were at some ITC hotel's lobby ..hehe! :) ...So yes, the cake was out ...the greeting card was duly signed by all fans, with their wishes ...

You know, you'd probably expect one to be fully anxious and tense at this point ...but let me tell you ..it was hardly so ..to be frank, I never really felt like we were going to meet him ...I felt like it was a meeting of Harris fans ..where we couldn't stop praising his songs, singing them along etc etc ....It never really sunk in that I was going to meet Harris Jayaraj himself ...in a few minutes !!! :) :) ....

All of us were busy capturing pictures of what seemed like a 5-star hotel :) ...when suddenly, the man himself walked in !!!!!!!!!! Everyone looked towards the door ....To put it best, I FROZE !!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT !!!!! THE MOMENT HAD ARRIVED !!!!!!!!! Harris Jayaraj was a few inches away from me ...THIS WAS WHEN IT HIT ME HARD ...IT HIT ME LIKE A JOLT ...I DUNNO ..IT STRUCK ME LIKE LIGHTNING ..MINNAL !! :D :D ....OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING !!!!! :D :D :D :D .....I WASN'T DREAMING !!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!

My brains stopped functioning ...my eyes stopped blinking ...my blood stopped flowing ...my heart stopped beating ...I WAS TURNED INTO STONE !!!!!! But my ears probably were still functioning to grasp the words "Hello..hope all are doing fine" ...The man said ..as people darted forward to shake hands with him and wish him ...

My turn came ..I managed to mutter "Happy birthday, sir" ...I tried my best to control all 32 teeth of mine from being exposed ...and I shook his hand ....I dunno...I felt as if some high voltage current just struck me !! :D :D ...He smiled and said "Thank you!"...OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST SHOOK HANDS ..WITH HARRIS JAYARAJ !!!!!!!! AND IT WASN'T ANY OF THE 10000000000 TIMES THAT I'D DONE SO IN ALL MY DREAMS OVER THE YEARS......IT WAS REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D ....WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON ?!!!! :D ....WAS I DEAD ....AND DID I REACH HEAVEN AND WAS THIS HAPPENING IN MY SO-CALLED AFTER-LIFE ?!! :D....OR WAS I STILL LIVING ...AND THIS WAS HAPPENING ON EARTH, IN CHENNAI ?!!

He was shaking hands with all his fans ...until Solomon or Ramanathan ( I don't remember who :P ..my eyes were fixed on one man :D ) ...asked him to cut the cake ...which was on the other corner of the table ..so sir came along ....I realized the candles weren't on ...So I picked up one candle ...lit it up with the help of the glowing flame in the middle of the table...and gave it to Solomon ..who then lit up the candle placed on the cake ...I then picked up the knife and gave it to Harris ...

The cake-cutting then happened ..with everyone singing "Happy birthday" ...While singing, I paused once again ..."WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON?! :D ...WAS I ACTUALLY STANDING NEXT TO HARRIS JAYARAJ ...IN HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY...IN HIS OWN HOUSE !!!!!!....CLAPPING AS HE BLEW THE CANDLE....AND SINGING HAPPY BIRTHDAY ..AS HE WAS CUTTING THE CAKE ?!!!! " :D :D....I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT WAS HAPPENING ...IT DID NOT FEEL REAL ...IT FELT LIKE ONE OF MY THOUSANDS OF THINGS I ONLY DREAM ABOUT !!!!!! EVEN NOW, IT DOESN'T FEEL REAL :) :) :) ...As I type this ..I feel like I've just woken up from one of those dreams ...ONLY PHOTOS AND THE AUTOGRAPH ...shall ascertain the fact that it happened for real !! :D :D ...

Harris saw a bunch of things lying on the other corner of the table ...he gave a surprised expression and asked "ennadhu idhellam?" ....I picked up my greeting card ..gave it to him and said ..Happy birthday sir ...


He looked at it.....I remember Ramanathan telling out what was on the card... "Sir..engalukku 8th Jan na festival sir" ...Harris then opened the greeting card, saw all the wishes and signatures from fans ...and said "Wow !!! Very sweet " ...and then smiled and said "Thanks!" ...Okay ..THIS PART OF MY LIFE ...THESE FEW SECONDS ..WHICH JUST TRANSPIRED ...WILL KEEP ON PLAYING ..ON REPEAT MODE ...EVERYDAY ...UNTIL MY LAST BREATH :) :) :) ....SIMPLY BECAUSE ..IT WAS TOO ALL SURREAL :) :) ....Very few people experience heaven while still being alive on earth !!! ...and I was one of them !! :) :) ......Surely, I have been a good guy in life ...I have done good deeds in life ...for God to have gifted me with these most priceless moments ever !! :D :D ...THANK YOU GOD ! :D 

It was then time for AG to give him his frame ...and the others to give their gifts ...All the photo sessions began ..with various people crowding around Harris to take photos ....and I was surprised to see - Harris was obliging to each and every request ...WITHOUT EVEN THE LEAST FROWN ON HIS FACE !!!!!! I have not seen too many people readily and happily obliging to such things !!!!

I then went ahead and opened my autograph book, which I had specially bought for this occasion ....As I approached him ...he looked at me ...and I nervously said ...( As nervous as I was..whenever I had to meet my principal during my school days :D ) ..."Sir, unga autograph ..." ...He smiled and said "Sure" ..he took the book and my pen ...and wrote "With luv ..Harris Jayaraj" :) ...

As he was signing my autograph book ...I blurted out the lines which I had always wanted to say ..Lines which I would have rehearsed about a 1000 times from Monday night onwards :D :D ...Thank God none of my family members in Chennai saw me rehearsing those lines :D :P....But as expected, I stammered ..and stuttered in sheer nervousness ...as I said " Sir ..unga Chennai concert aa pathi oru book-size ku oru blog post ezhdhinadhu...naan thaan sir "...He said "Oh okay!" ....I was struggling to speak ..I was at a loss of words ...when thankfully, Ramanathan helped me ..and said "Sir, neenga kooda atha padichu avara paarkanum nu sonnengale sir " ...

Harris then shook his head, saying "Ohhhhhhhh okay okay!! Yeah, I remember that ..." ...and then looked at me, smiled and said "Thanks!" ....People, this is another moment in my lifetime. ..which'll haunt me till my last breath ...and I sure as hell want it to haunt me every minute :D ...because that'll make sure a smile is plastered and cemented on my face ..for life :) :) :) ....

His attendant served us all a soft drink ..along with cake slices ...I dunno what it was ..Mirinda or Fanta ...I wasn't paying attention ...I would've probably drank even bitter gourd juice ..if that was what was in the cup !! :D .......He soon headed towards the door as it was getting crowded around the swing...Solomon asked him to sit down ...Harris said .."No no ..it's okay ..I'm comfortable" ...Wow !! Was it Harris Jayaraj we were all talking to ..or some friend of ours whom we had come to see ?! He continued standing ...

People asked him all sorts of questions ....and he patiently took his time to answer each one :) ....Half of my time was spent in trying my best to believe that this was all real :D ...and the other half of my attention span was towards these questions :D ....I faintly remember him saying ..Irandam Ulagam will be like Vaaranam Aayiram :) ..let's hope he gives another scintillating album which silences all his critics !! :) ...He said Yaan and Endrendrum Punnagai will be love stories ..like Unnaale Unnaale ..We expressed our happiness in him getting to do a folk subject like "Idhu Kathirvelanin Kadhal" ..with Udhayinidhi Stalin ...Finally, after Kovil ..a village album ..should give out some variety :)

I then managed to ask him 2 questions - "Sir, unga aduttha concert eppo ..enga pannardha irukkenga"..the first one.....He said that there were going to be concerts in Kuala Lumpur, Australia and South Africa ( was it ? ) ...I felt nervous to even look at his face directly, fearing I would break into a 32 teeth- smile :D :D ...like an idiot !!! But I somehow managed to shake my head ...though my eyes were lost :D

He then revealed that Kamal Hassan was supposed to sing Adiye Kolluthey, but that didn't work out, as Sruthi Hassan was the female singer for it :) ...When asked why he doesn't prefer Bollywood, he referred to us and said "neenga inga irukkengale!" :) :) :) :) ....Has ANY other music director talked like this, with such respect, to his fans ?! :) ...He then said, projects from other industries are highly time-consuming ..which leads to him missing out on quite a few projects here ...People then told him about how lackluster "Force" felt ..without his BGMs :) ....On Irandam Ulagam, he said that the song sung by Dhanush is a soup song ..and that Dhanush has done a very good job :) ...let's hope !!

I then mustered courage again ..to ask him .."Sir, neenga paadardha irukkengala sir ?" ...He shook his head dismissing  it and said "Illa illa "...I then told him "Sir, neenga concert la Nangai paadinadhu rombave nalla irundhadhu sir !!" ...Others too joined in and said .."Sir, anniku naanga ellarume dance pannikittu irundhom sir" ...He smiled and said "Oh! okay" ...That was it ..it was time for him to leave ...as he headed towards the door ..more and more people requested him for photos ...and EVEN NOW, BELIEVE YOU ME, HE DIDN'T FROWN EVEN A BIT !!! HE GLADLY OBLIGED TO EACH & EVERY REQUEST ..AND POSED AND SMILED :) ....Finally, he left ...that's it ..the dream was over !!!!

I don't know if I will ever see him again ...or if yes, when I will see him again ....but I can tell you ...this has made not just my day ..not just my month ...but my lifetime !! :) :) :) ....Everyone dreams of meeting people like Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rahman, Shah Rukh Khan, Rajinikanth, Kamal Hassan.. ..someday ...Yes, if I happen to meet them ..or why....if I happen to meet even Barack Obama someday ..I will be happy..I will be super-excited ...but NOT AS MUCH AS THIS :D :D ....simply because, while I admire all of them ..and some, I even greatly admire ...I do not WORSHIP any of them !! :)

Harris is someone I WORSHIP :) ...and there's a HUGE difference ...when you meet someone you worship ..and someone you just admire and revere :) ...I had to rush back home ..and to the railway station...I had a train to catch ..to Bangalore !! I did not sleep all night ...Only when I came to office the next day did I realize how tired I was ...I was physically tired ..but more mentally exhausted ...on being on an ALL-TIME EMOTIONAL OVERDRIVE :D :D ...like never before !! :D :D :D ....

This greatest episode of my life ...this greatest chunk of my life, soaked in gold ...these most precious moments of my life, INVALUABLE AND PRICELESS.....have taught me one thing - NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ...DREAMS DO COME TRUE !!!! 

GOD EXISTS ...AND GOD BLESSES THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIM !! :) :) :) :) :) ...

MY BELIEF AND DEVOTION IN GOD HAS JUST INCREASED BY MANY A MILE :) ...I now believe that anything CAN happen in this world :) :) ...Nobody even bothers to listen to my songs and the music I make ...but still, I now feel that it is possible for me, someday ...to become a professional musician :).....I've begun to believe strongly in the universe conspiracy theory - when you want something oh-so-badly, the universe conspires to make it happen :) ...Well, in my case at least ...the Universe might have taken 10 years ...BUT IT HAS MADE MY GREATEST DREAM HAPPEN ! :D :D

As I've stated before ...This part of my life will ALWAYS be surreal ..something I NEVER will be able to believe ...something I NEVER will be able to forget ...something I can validate only through the photos and the autograph ...

THIS WAS THE GREATEST DESIRE I EVER HAD IN LIFE ...SINCE I WAS 15 ...AND AT THE AGE OF 25 ...AFTER 10 LONG YEARS ....IT HAS COME TRUE !!!!!!! :) :) :) ....AND IN WHAT FASHION !!!!! :) :) :) ....It wasn't just a 1-minute moment ...It was an hour at HIS OWN PLACE...at HIS OWN BIRTHDAY PARTY !!!!!!! :) :) :) ....

25 YEARS OF LIVING LIFE ...HAS FINALLY BEEN WORTH IT !!! :) :) :) :) ...NOTHING in the material world over the coming years - no big car, no fancy gadget, no palatial residence, no billion $...nothing can give me as much as happiness as this one priceless hour has :) :) :)

The only major desire I have in life now ...is, believe it or not ....meeting T. Rajendar someday :D :P ...Of course, he is a comical figure ...but that aside ...he is an inspiration in 2 ways : The fact that he's multi-talented ....and the fact that I've been blessed with some talents too ....and the fact that he doesn't care a damn & goes on with his life confidently no matter how much fun people poke at him :)  ...But believe me ...If I ever happen to meet T. Rajendar, it'll be a dream come true and all that ...but it will not disappoint me ..if I don't :) ....

This single incident has given me more than enough reason to die with a smile, whenever I die :) ....THANK YOU GOD ...You've just blessed me with the greatest blessing you could have ever given me after whatever you've already given me ...Thank you Harris sir ...after seeing you in person on Tuesday, my love, respect and devotion for you can only surge upward like a jet after that :) ...

To those who've read till the very end here ..thank you for your patience :) ...
Ashwin.

EDIT : A die-hard Harris addict and a friend of mine, Vashishraj wanted his tribute to Harris to be included in this post ..So here it is -

http://soundcloud.com/user5785600/irish-for-harris







6 comments:

Ramanathan Thiyagarajan said...

AMAZING ASHWIN... YOU CAN WORK FOR A PRINT MEDIA TOO..

Ramanathan Thiyagarajan said...

great

Ramanathan Thiyagarajan said...

great

Ramanathan Thiyagarajan said...

amazing review

sdhivya said...

Have been lurking on your blog for a long time now. Love reading your lengthy reviews and can easily see how much you love music itself.

Very happy for you for meeting Harris Jeyaraj. Hope you get many more such opportunities.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thanks Ram and Dhivya :)