Me on FB

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Bret "The Hitman" Hart Theme music - stuck in my head all day !!

Today's been a pretty boring day, to say the least, there's only one thing which has kept the day going :)...and that's what this post is about :) :) ...I'll come to it soon...The last couple of days were exciting, with many walks of The Global Walk For India's Missing Girls happening ...Oh, I'm coordinating the event, by the way B-) ..for the first time....and I'm having a great time with that ..I feel so good about every minute bit of work done for it, given that it is a cause that is close to my heart ...Anyway, I won't talk about female foeticide in this post ....Let me continue getting to the topic....



Anyways, I really dunno why ...I still am not able to find a reason why ( The Global walk For India's Missing Girls was held in Calgary, Alberta too, on Sept 15th ....Is that why? Surprising, given that I never thought of Bret instantly when I heard Calgary - Bret hails from there )......ON TODAY, OF ALL DAYS...as I was riding to office ...the theme music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart started playing in my head ...all of a sudden ...It has been ringing in my head ever since !! I came back home ...and I have been listening to it on loop...This day-long addiction has grown so much ...that I really feel the need to blog about it now :D ...

This theme is such a feel-good theme...because, well, the music is awesome ...but also because it brings with it LOADS of memories from the past...from my childhood...which SIMPLY WAS, as I realize it now, THE BEST PHASE OF MY LIFE...How simple, uncomplicated and carefree life was then !!!! :) Why the hell did I grow up !!!? LOL :) Well, not that life is bad now...I'm definitely living a dream, without doubt !! :) :) :) ....But still, nothing like childhood !! :).....Though my all-time favorite WILL ALWAYS BE The Undertaker ...Bret Hart is someone who will always hold a special place in my part ...I must have been in about my 3rd or 4th grade ..when he was wrestling ...I ABSOLUTELY ADORED him ....At that point, he was THE MOST HANDSOME man I'd ever seen ...and even today, I've hardly seen a more dashingly handsome man than him....

I was obsessed with his shades ...As I've written in my post about WWF Trump Cards ...I used to dream that someday, I would be sitting near the ringside and Bret would put his shades on my eyes, as he entered the ring !! :D .....He made Pink a man's color !!!!  ....and how can anyone possibly forget the sharpshooter !!! I would get goosebumps and my heart would stop beating ...when the sharpshooter began ...until the opponent surrendered !! :) ....I still remember how much joy he used to bring to me as a kid ...I would jump even when his card popped up in my pack, whenever I played trump cards with my brothers ....

His entry music was THE FIRST PIECE OF ROCKING MUSIC I'd ever heard ....It has STYLE WRITTEN ALL OVER IT ....JUST LIKE BRET !!!! A SCREAAAAMING ..SCREEEEECHING START !!! :) :) :)  .......A SUPERB beat ...All the metal guitars and distortion guitars in the world !!!!! :) ....

THE BEST PART - The crescendo ...when the synth organ begins with the C-minor & A# M chords ( assuming C scale ) ....This part of the theme ...is ENOUGH to suppress ANY negative feeling in me ..this part of the theme is ENOUGH ...to MAKE ANY DAY !! :) :) ....this part of the theme is ENOUGH ....to just make me LOVE life ...and make me feel that LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL !!! :) :) ....simply because ..this part of the theme ...gives a feel ...which transports me to those GOLDEN, PERFECT, HAPPY DAYS of 90s childhood !! :) :) ....The synth organ sound gives a Michael Jackson Beat It-ish feel :) :) ...this is followed by guitars which screamed and screeched like never before, for that era :) :) :) .....There is NO OTHER piece of music that provides THIS KINDA ROCKING FEEL, A FEELING THAT LIFE IS JUST AWESOME ..This music aptly suits Bret's personality - THE BEST THERE WAS, THERE IS ..AND THE BEST THERE WILL EVER BE !! :) :)

Aaah !! I could listen to this forever ....without getting bored EVEN ONE BIT ....and just die !! :D hehe...
SUCH A LOVELY STATE OF MIND . ..this puts me into !! :) :) :)

Cheers !! 


No comments: