Me on FB

Friday, September 23, 2011

THE "JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN" EXPERIENCE: OH-SO-"HOWL"ARIOUS !!!

The actual review is much below ...Scroll down if you wanna avoid all the other things I wanted to say...

I know I just wrote a blissful blog post yesterday...But today was another blissful day :) ...& I had to blog about it :) ...Not entirely blissful though...

I woke up feeling SLIGHTLY feverish ...& slept a little more after the servant left...& woke up only when my aunt called up at around 9.15 am ...But still, I didn't feel THAT feverish so as to work from home....But once I went to office, fever started increasing ..:D (no, seriously!! I barely managed to sit on my chair ...I really wanted to dash off to the bunker bed) ...but then, after having a cup of coffee, I felt much better....It was time to leave....

Now, on Tuesday this week, I had seen the poster of this movie on the newspaper...That was the first time I came to know of the movie !!! Until then, I hadn't even heard that there was gonna be a sequel to Johnny English....I was THRILLED like anything, as soon as I saw this ...I DECIDED THAT VERY INSTANT, THAT I WAS GONNA WATCH IT !!! :) :) I had seen the first part many years ago...and was SPELLBOUND by it !! :) :) ...So this definitely, had to be watched ..at any cost !! :) :) Plus...I am a Rowan Atkinson fan !! :) :) I loved the Mr.Bean series, movies ..as well as Johnny English part one....

I immediately opened a bookmyshow tab on my browser...To my disappointment, there was no mention of this movie except in the "coming soon" section...Bookings hadn't yet opened ! :( I sulked a little ...I couldn't control my excitement :) ...I kept on refreshing the page once in a while...Finally, on Wednesday night, bookings opened ...But when I saw for the first time, bookings were open ONLY at Swagath Garuda & Fun Cinemas....The best bets for me were Gopalan Innovation Mall, INOX JP nagar & INOX Swagath ...The evening show at Swagath was at 7.20 pm ...I just went to the INOX website...checked over there...there were shows at Mantri Mall & JP Nagar Central as well !!! I wondered why it hadn't shown up on bookmyshow !!!

Nevertheless, I was fine with INOX JP Nagar...5.05 pm show ..Friday...I called up Mahesh & Mayank ...They said they were in...So I booked 3 tickets...I JUST COULD NOT WAIT !! :D :D ....In that flurry of excitement, I just wanted to book the tickets to get peace of mind :D :D ...
Later on, I discovered that there was a show at Gopalan Innovation at 4 pm on Friday! :| ...Never mind !!!

So yeah...I waited impatiently for Friday evening...I assuaged my thirst a little by watching the trailer & reading reviews from the other countries it had already premiered in...& Friday finally came...The day didn't begin well...with Mahesh backing out due to ill-health...Hope he's better now ...Soon enough in the day, I also got a fever !! :| ...Dunno how!! :| Anyways, like I said, I felt better after my afternoon cup of coffee...Soon enough, 1 hour before the movie, Mayank backed out as well, on work grounds :D ..So it was gonna be me watching the movie alone !!!!

Not that I sulked though...Like I've said in my earlier blog posts, I've watched many movies/concerts etc alone :) :)...This was gonna be another one ...that too...in a multiplex :) :) ...These days, I am not SO much of an anti-multiplex person as I used to be earlier...because I am earning now:D.... & I can afford to shell some cash :)...& if I have to make a confession - I'm slightly more excited about eating Nachos in the multiplexes...than watching the movie itself !! :D :D :D ...

But I would still vouch for Nataraj or Vijay theater ANY DAY !!! :) :) ...and eat spicy potato chips for Indian Rupee ₹10, in the company of the creepiest of viewers who would be so drunk, some of them would shout "Ilaya thalapathi ki ..Jai !!" in a Kamal Hassan movie!! :P ...I just realized that Sundar is a hardcore Ilaya thalaivali fan ...So Sundar, was it you who shouted? :D :P ...Lol !! I won't rule out the possibilities of you being drunk + screaming that !! :P :D

Ok ..getting back to the topic....I headed to INOX JP nagar...went up to the food court...for the first time...I've been to this mall earlier to buy some formals...but this was the first time I was going up to the food court & INOX ...The food court seemed nice ..with Bombay Club, Dhaba, Beijing Bites & so on...I went up to the Kiosk...got my ticket(s) :D ..and after 1 minute of deliberation...settled in for a "super-saver combo" at Beijing Bites...LOVELY & SLURPY Veg. Noodles with Gobi Manchurian in Garlic sauce...YUMMM !!!

Now, the food court was full of couples !!! I was like the odd one out there :D ...All couples over there stared at me as if I were a desperate loser loafing around in a couples-only discotheque!! If not couples, there girl-groups (the girls were good ;) ..some moms were awesome too!! :P ..Couldn't believe they were moms! :D :P ) ...& some schoolboys...I sat alone, having my food ...There was love all-around...One couple was holding hands and speaking ...On another table, there was a girl who hit the mouth of her guy as he was drinking something ...There was another girl who stood behind & put her hand on her guy's shoulder while he was eating ...they seemed to be sharing a joke...

They all looked at me once in a while ...I told you, I seemed like an odd one there :P....But I wasn't alone ...I was listening to my latest love :) :) ..my latest craze..my latest addiction :) :).."Ellai Lama" from "7am Arivu" ...on repeat mode..( It has been on repeat mode since 3 days :) )...

I know I don't look good...& I look like I'm almost competing with Hashim Amla about the length of my beard..:D...People must've probably thought "When did such creeps start coming to multiplexes??" ....I at least should've worn my Ohio State jersey ..to boost my "level" :D :P ...Yup, even Adidas, Nike, Reebok etc don't work these days...with very similar looking impostor tshirts available at the footpath in Majestic :P :P...Haha..never mind !! :) Ok ..lemme go ahead with the movie review...before you guys think of me as some love-starved despo! :P :D ..which is ANYTHING but the actual case :P ....You won't find a SINGLE soul who's happier than me..:P ( Well, both the meanings of single apply !! ;) :) ) ..

THE REVIEW (SPOILER ALERT)

Finally I went in...the show started....I put my mobile on silent mode...There were just 10 people or so inside..SAD !! Even Virudhagiri had a bigger crowd.....The movie began with English getting trained in Tibet ...in Martial arts...Comedy RIGHT FROM SCENE ONE !!! It then proceeds to London ..where English is recalled...He meets Pegasus ..the lady who has brought him on the mission...The first scene between Pegasus & English is AWESOME .....Then on, English heads to Hong Kong, along with an African-American agent, Tucker, on a mission to retrieve one of the 3 objects which form the key to the secret of the Vortex ...The way he implements what his master taught him "As you grow old ..you will grow wiser" ..is AWESOME...The scene where the Chinese guy does all sorts of acrobatics...& English just uses his brains is JUST TOO GOOD !! Just when you are full of admiration for English, you realize you've spoken too soon, as he reassures you of his dumbness by letting the makeshift steward escape with the object...:D ...

English returns to London, only to realize that he is unsuccessful & then, the scene where he beats up Pegasus' mother mercilessly thinking her to be an old Chinese assassin lady is SIMPLY HOWLARIOUS..:D...the howls & whistles really hit the roof for that scene !!! After a hypnosis session with a chick psychiatrist, he reveals what happened in Mozambique..where his absence was the reason for the President's assassination....

He is then on the lookout for another agent of the Vortex...who was an ex-member of her majesty's secret service...The scene of them playing golf ..as well as the return in the helicopter...where he flies on the road ...is again ..TOO FUNNY !!! :D :D...The guy dies ..but gives a vital clue that the 3rd agent of the vortex is in the same organization itself ....

English is framed by the villain, Simon Ambrose as the 3rd agent..the whole force is after him...English escapes on a hi-fi wheelchair...THIS SCENE IS AWESOME !!! One of the best in the movie !!! He then heads straight to the psychiatrists place...where they're about to make love but Ambrose comes in...only to take her away to Switzerland...leaving English alone ...but the Chinese assassin comes in suddenly to kill him...English escapes through the trash passage...and heads to Switzerland along with Tucker ..in his hi-fi Rolls Royce ....I had a chocolate truffle pastry in the interval :) yummm! :)

Finally, in a HILARIOUS comedy of errors...English somehow saves the Chinese Prime Minister from getting killed by Simon Ambrose ...and then finishes off Ambrose himself ...the ending shows English once again beating up Pegasus' mother assuming her to be the Chinese assassin ...:D :D ...

WHEW !!! I know my review probably does no justice to how hilarious the movie is ...& what I've written is not funny ...but If I describe all the jokes here...you wouldn't have a reason to watch the movie, would you??!! :)

Rowan Atkinson seemed like the ABSOLUTE, INVINCIBLE LORD OF COMEDY :) :)....He is ONCE AGAIN AT HIS BEST !!! :) :) :) ....

The comedy is TYPICAL ROWAN ATKINSON FARE..:) :) ...Nothing more ..Nothing less...JUST OH-SO-HOWL-ARIOUS !!!!! :) :) ...I literally screamed in laughter "Ohhhhhh mannnnnn" ..."Ohhhhhh no!!!!!!"..."Ohhhhhh shitttt!!!!!!!".....for every joke ..as did the 10-15 folks in the theater !!!!!!

WOW !!! WHAT A MOVIE !! :) :) :) ...Inside the hall, I was just not able to stop myself from laughing uncontrollably ...and now, I'm just not able to remove the smile which it has put on my face !!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Rating: 5/5 (coming from a big Rowan Atkinson fan :) )