Me on FB

Saturday, July 30, 2011

"HAKUNA MATATA" again :) :) :)

It has been a while since I blogged ...The last week fully went into the making and promotion of my latest song "Ek Tera Sahara" featuring Gautam...:)....

Though this song didn't get a reception as much as my previous songs, avid listeners of my songs said that it is my best song till date :) :) ...THANK YOU guys :) :) ...Well, no matter what....at the end of the day, Music is something which I make to gratify & satiate MY SOUL ...more than anything else :)....If people happen to like what I do, then it is a bonus...or lottery...:) :)...But first & foremost, whatever I do should satisfy me & touch my soul :) ...else...I would never put them up :) ....

Anyways...coming to this post....I am not particularly referring to the present state of my life ....My life is & always gonna be "hakuna matata" :) ...I am someone who is happy & worries-free almost always ...:) :)

Though I may write those occasional posts out of extreme frustration ...those are just for the moment :)...After a few mins, my friends even begin to make fun of me ...about me writing such posts & I do the same!!! :D ...Me writing frustration-filled posts has become a joke ..:D :D ...so you see, I'm a REAL CRAZY person ...:D ...who gets frustrated for the moment & then laughs everything off...when someone says - "eshtu kachthiyo !!" or "yeno piteel barithiya!!!" or "enna kodumai sar idhu!!!" :D ...I've told earlier that I mostly live life through my heart ...and live through my mind ONLY WHEN I HAVE TO ...:)...

In short, I LIVE THE WAY I LOVE TO LIVE ...& I LOVE THE WAY I LIVE TO LOVE :) :) (Sundar, indha punch eppdi?? :P :P ...paambu punch aa vuda better ille? :D :P hehe )

So yeah, in this post, I'm not talking about my life which is always gonna be "Hakuna Matata"....
I'm talking about THE ORIGIN OF THIS PHRASE - THE LION KING ..:)...

Now, WITHOUT A DOUBT, The Lion King is SURELY one of the finest & greatest movies of all time - A TRUE CLASSIC....The characters in the movie will surely be etched forever in the minds of whoever saw the movie ...

HOW ON EARTH can one possibly forget the majesty of Mufasa? Or the innocent charm of young Simba? Or the romance between Simba & Nala? Or the epitomizing of EVIL by cruel, wicked Scar?? Or the inimitable duo of Pumba & Timon?

It is not for no reason that this movie is considered to be one of the greatest movies ever made. It was one of the very first animation movies to come, way back in 1994. This movie was PERFECT in terms of EVERYTHING - The characters, the setting, the story, the emotional bonding, the tear-jerking moments, the message conveyed, the jokes, the songs, the music....EVERY SINGLE THING WAS A MASTERPIECE...

This was a movie which came way back in 1994...why would I remember it now?? :)
I'll tell you :)

A few days ago, I was the Gopalan Arcade mall, RR Nagar ( To my surprise, I saw more RVCE faculty there, than students!! :D)...with Kamle & Mahesh...we were planning to watch Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara...but did not get tickets...So after Mahesh left, we settled in for Harry Potter 7.2 ..a movie which we will always regret seeing :D :D ...It was over there that I saw the poster of "The Lion King 3D - In cinemas July 29th" ...

I saw it and my first reaction was - "WOWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!! Lion king !!!!!!! " :)....I guess everyone in the mall would've heard my scream of joy...Well, at least, the ground floor !!!!!!

Somewhere, the 7-year old kid called Ashwin S Kumar who disappeared in 1994...to make way for an 8-year old ...suddenly reappeared & woke up, as if he were struck by a lightning bolt !! :) ....This very poster began to re-trigger ALL THE CHILD-LIKE EXCITEMENT, ALL THE CHILD-LIKE HAPPINESS which was there within me ...almost 2 decades ago ...:)....The buried 7-year old in me was excavated ..:) ....( on 2nd thoughts, with most people telling me that I'm still a kid :P :P....methinks the kid in me NEVER disappeared AT ALL !! :D :D did he ??? :P)

I immediately told Kamle - "I HAVE to watch this !!!" ....The day took me back to my childhood ...Nostalgia mode was activated once again .....

Way back in 1994, I hadn't heard of this movie....until few days before the release...
In June 1994, my cousin Rahul & my chithi had come to Bangalore ....on their yearly vacation....
Rahul was fully crazy about this movie called "The Lion King" ....He was extremely eager to watch it ....He even had the audio cassette of the movie & was going on listening to it in a blue color walkman ...:)...(Do you still have it, buddy? :D )....

I didn't know what it was all about ....I too, started listening to some of the songs....I first heard "Oh I just can't wait to be king!" first....I liked it :)....& then the next one I heard was "Be prepared"....

THAT GOT ME ADDICTED LIKE CRAZY !! :D :D ...I remember screaming "Be prepared" for days together !!!!!!! :D & mind you, my voice back then wasn't even half in pitch & in tune...as it is now :P....."Be prepared" was in the house 24/7 :D ...I didn't know the lyrics of the song back then :P....The English accent was too much to be grasped by a 7-year old :P ....But then yeah...I did manage to grasp "Be prepared" ...& kept bellowing ONLY those 2 words :D :D :D ....At one point, my mom was doing Puja...and I was continuing my bellowing, when she shouted and said - "unnoru tharava .."be prepared" nu sonna...vaayi la cellotape pottu ottiruven !!!" :D :D ...My mom must've already started counting her fears I guess, thinking - "OMG !! ivana vechundu what all should I "be prepared" for !!!" :D :D :D

Anyways...soon enough, all of us did watch the movie in theater - Rex or Galaxy or Plaza or Symphony...I don't remember which one :(...But SURELY, 1 of the 4 :P ....everyone was in awe of it :) ....Of course, I didn't follow the whole story the first time....but I distinctly remembered the scenes of Scar killing Mufasa.....& trying to do the same with Simba ...but Simba fighting him back....I also remembered the song situations ....especially the way Simba's growing up is shown ...in the Hakuna Matata song...:) :)

Then onwards, I used to see this movie regularly whenever it came in "Star Movies" :)...& also on the cable TV channel :) :)....I never got bored of it !!!

YEARS PASSED ....I GREW UP...( PHYSICALLY :P )....and now, AFTER 17 LONG YEARS !!!!!!! HERE IT WAS, AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BLAST FROM THE PAST !!!!!!!
A DOSE OF MY CHILDHOOD BEING EXCAVATED AND PRESENTED BACK TO ME....FRESH AS EVER !!!!!!! ....& LO !!! WITH A LOT OF VISUAL IMPROVEMENT !!!!!!!
A MOVIE POSTER ...WHICH OPERATED LIKE A TIME MACHINE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to watch it FIRST DAY ...FOR SURE !! :) :) ....There was NO WAY I was gonna miss this one !!! :) :) ....Like I always do, I was prepared to watch it alone...if no one else joined me :) :)...I wanted to watch it in one of the good places....But THE ONLY place in Bangalore which had an evening show on Friday, July 29th was Vision Cinemas...My colleagues from office/RV juniors Roshan, Rohan & Vinay were kind enough to join me...:)...

We went to the place....Now, Vision Cinemas ...is, according to me, EASILY....THE WORST THEATER IN BANGALORE !! :D ....First of all, there was NO PROPER place to eat nearby.....
2nd of all, the guy at the counter ...is VERY RUDE....says things like "6.30 andhre...6.25 athava 6.27 ge olage bidtheevi saar" ....
The food stall ...IS AS GOOD AS the ones in Nataraj or Sampige....NO...in fact...THE ONES IN THE LATTER ARE BETTER !!!
& lastttly, the theaters !! WOW !! They're SMALL ROOMS !!! They CANNOT BE CALLED AS HALLS....They're small conference rooms with a few seats ...and a WOODEN FLOOR COVERED WITH GUNNY BAGS !!!!!!!! :D

Nevertheless, this was the only place which had an evening show....and it began !!! We put on the 3d glasses...AND I CHERISHED EVERY MOMENT OF THE EXPERIENCE ALL OVER AGAIN !!!!! :) :) ....
& TRUST ME ON THIS - THE LION KING HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

The 3d effects WERE AWESOME .....unlike Harry Potter which I could've very well seen without those glasses.....It was TOO GOOD ....every tree, rain drop, flying feather, insect etc....ACTUALLY seemed like it was present RIGHT IN FRONT ...& the screen...a little far away :) :) :) ....

EVERY SINGLE FRAME .....RE-STIRRED THE SAME FEELINGS IN ME....WHICH WERE STIRRED ALMOST 2 DECADES AGO ......

Be it the"Oh I just can't wait to be King" song ...OR...Mufasa rescuing Simba from the Hyenas....OR....Scar killing Mufasa....OR....Simba's expressions when is with Nala & Mufasa....OR Timon & Pumba ...EVERY SINGLE THING ...WAS SUPER-AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) ..

I can GO ON & ON ...but I'll stop here ..:) ...

TRUST ME, WE HARDLY GET CHANCES TO WATCH CLASSICS ONCE AGAIN ...IN THEATERS !!!! :) .....
FOR EXAMPLE, HOW MANY OF YOU WISH THAT YOU COULD SEE "LAGAAN" ONCE AGAIN IN THE THEATER??? :) :) ...... I SURE DO !!!!!! :)

The Lion King was ANOTHER CLASSIC MASTERPIECE.....
I AM OH-SO-GLAD THAT I HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF WATCHING THIS ALL-OVER AGAIN ....IN THE THEATER !!!! :) :) :)....& THAT TOO, WHEN IT HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER !! :) :) :)

THE 3D EFFECTS JUST MADE THE AWESOME MOVIE SUPER-AWESOME !!!!! :) :) :)

@PEOPLE OF MY GENERATION & ABOVE -

TRUST ME FOLKS....YOU HARDLY GET CHANCES LIKE THESE...TO WATCH CLASSICS IN THEATERS.....DO NOT THINK TWICE....JUST GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!...& YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT, FOR SURE !!!!!

GO AHEAD.....REVISIT YOUR CHILDHOOD/YOUR YOUTH.....ALLOW YOURSELF TO REKINDLE ALL THOSE FEELINGS OF EXCITEMENT & JOY & AWE....WHICH KEPT YOU HAPPY !!! BECOME A KID ONCE AGAIN !!!!! ...AT LEAST FOR THOSE 2 HOURS !!! ...
JUST GO ...& GET TRANSPORTED TO A JOYFUL, BLISSFUL WORLD OUT OF THIS SAD WORLD !!!! :) :) :)

@THE PRESENT GENERATION OF TEENS & KIDS -

YOU'RE GETTING A CHANCE TO WATCH & ENJOY AN ABSOLUTE CLASSIC....WHICH WE ENJOYED IN OUR DAYS :)....DO NOT MISS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) ....JUST GO FOR IT ! :) :)

Cheers everyone !!!!!!!!!
HAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUNA MATATTAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
Ashwin







4 comments:

Ravi said...

I love to see this in the big screen,,, after years of watching it in the small..

Ashwin S Kumar said...

do watch it !! it is definitely worth it ! :)

Ravi said...

Worst is its running only in Sathyam and PVR here and its ful this weekend.. have to try next weekend only... else office matta potu.. night show poganum...

Ravi said...

Ashwin..

I watched it today, it was a wonderful exp... great stuff in 3D