Me on FB

Friday, July 15, 2011

DEIVA THIRUMAGAL (REVIEW)- AN EXPERIENCE TO CHERISH

I will not call this a movie....I will call this an EXPERIENCE....an EXPERIENCE of a lifetime ...
watching this movie WAS UNDOUBTEDLY ONE OF THE BEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE !!!! :) :) :) ....THIS IS THE 2ND TIME I'VE ATTAINED SALVATION :) :)...AFTER THE YUVAN CONCERT IN CHENNAI IN JANUARY THIS YEAR :)....

WARNING: SUPREMELY LONG POST !!!

It was a rather dull day ...After the blog post I put up in the morning which generally talks about the weird feelings of a genuine guy in a rather fake world ...& with trusted friends advising me to be a little more selfish, a little more careful, a little less involved & to take everything with a pinch of salt...instead of taking them at face value which was what I was doing ...
It was a rather funny day...I was wondering how to possibly be someone drastically different from what I am now ...

Anyways...thank you so much everyone, for your concern :) ...I am FINE :)....read this post & you'll know :) ...

I had decided that I was gonna watch this movie today...AT ANY COST ...

1. I am a Chiyaan fan :) ..& a die-hard one :)...
2. I became a fan of director Vijay...after watching Madrasapattinam.
3. I started checking out reviews in office - but for one, all were good.
4. I had decided that I would watch it alone, if nobody came along (nothing new, I have watched a lot of movies, concerts etc alone :) )

So after coming back home, I headed straight to Vijay theater, for the 6.15 pm show....I was excited....this was the first time I was gonna watch a Chiyaan movie on the first day :) :)..

So here's probably the longest & most-detailed review you'll ever find ...:)...of the movie :)...
I've described in detail & thrown maximum light on THE MOST TOUCHING scenes ..in this review....& I've ignored some of the less significant parts....

You guys might think that this is ...ROMBAVE OVER-AANA MOKKAI-FILLED BUILD UP :P....but trust me, I've tried my best to write EXACTLY how I felt ..while watching the movie :)

The movie starts off with Krishna (Vikram) being pushed off a car and running behind it calling out "Nila...nila" ...He is then shown to be a mentally retarded person always wearing a sweater ...His acting in the beginning reminds you of Rizwan Khan from "My name is Khan" ....
A pickpocket tries to run away after stealing cash from Krishna...but he trips on the fishing net & falls...Krishna lends a helping hand & pulls him up...The pickpocket is shocked !! AN AWESOME, WONDERFULLY TOUCHING SCENE ....RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING !!!!!!!! WOW, DIRECTOR VIJAY, TAKE A BOW !!!!!!!!!! :) :)....That one small scene speaks a THOUSAND WORDS...(just like me? :P).....Innocence is BLISS !!!!!! :) :) :) :) ...That gesture would've surely slapped the pickpocket's face harder than any cop would've !!! :) :)

The pickpocket tries asking him who he is... keeps some money & returns the rest to him & takes him to a police station ...The police realize he is mentally retarded & drive him away ...to the court...At the court, he runs into lawyers Anushka & Santhanam who try to avoid him....Anushka, at one point tells him - "neenga ingeye irunga...Nila va kootitu varom...ingeye irunga" ...So he remains at the pillar ...until Anushka is woken up at midnight by cops...& brought back to the very same place....Krishna is stil over there ...refusing to budge...& waiting for Nila ....The police have beaten him up ...He needs help...So he is rushed to the hospital ....where Anushka comes to know all about him & his story....Krishna yells out, crying "nila ...nila" ....Vikram's acting in this scene is OH-SO-BRILLIANTLY-SUPER-AWESOME....I ALMOST cried for this one...came close....but didn't :)...

Then..the flashback begins....Krishna is in Ooty ...drives away a cat...who was trying to eat a young, new-born chick ..he takes the chick, climbs up the tree, much to the anxiety & fear of the onlookers ...and he places the chick back in its nest...WOW !!!!!!! BRILLIANT SCENE #2 ....WHAT MORE CAN TOUCH ONE'S HEART THAN INNOCENT THINGS LIKE THESE?? :) :) ...WHAT MORE CAN JERK & CHOKE ONE'S HEART WITH SUPREME BLISS OUT OF THE SIMPLEST OF THINGS...LIKE THESE?? :) :) He is then bursting with joy ...on getting to know that he's gonna become a father...His expressions of happiness are SUPER-AWESOMELY BRILLIANT !! :) :) ....he crosses the road only at the green signal for pedestrians...closes a running tap to save precious water...& so on...:) :)

Then...Nila is born....but the mother passes away during child birth ....so it is now up to Krishna to bring up his daughter....It is midnight ...the child starts crying ...Krishna sits idle...doesn't know what to do....His neighbor Murthy (MS Bhaskar)'s wife Raji comes in on hearing the crying...he tells - "enna pannanum nu theriyalai" (the way he says this ..BRILLIANT !! :) the bliss of watching an innocent kid ..again :) :) ...priceless!! :) :) )...& tells him to give milk to the baby...every time she cries....Nila then grows up to be one of the CUTEST 5-YEAR OLD KIDS I'VE EVER SEEN :) :) ...OH-SO-ADORABLE !!!!!! :) :) ...MAKES ANYONE WANT TO HAVE A DAUGHTER LIKE HER :) :) :) ....The bonding between Krishna & Nila ...is THE BEST THING EVER !!!!!! :) :) WOWWWWW !!!!!! MAN...I'M JUST NOT GETTING WORDS :) ...In fact...I only get tears...when I recollect those scenes of both of them bonding ....I'm just not getting words !!! :) :) ...I can just go on & on by saying "wowww" ...that's all !!!! :) :) ....I'm sorry...I can't find words to describe it ...You've to see it yourself !!!!!!! :) :) .....If I were to write this blog post on paper, my tear drops would blot out the ink :) :) .....Anyways, here's where I cried first...:) - .at a scene in Nila's school...where Krishna waits near the gate...for her...She asks him to go....they do a dance...................n hug from far & .................blow kisses to each other & ..............ok...I'm not gonna describe further :) :)...I will cry once again if I try to ..:) ...so...lemme leave it to be watched by you guys yourselves :) ...The very recollection of Vikram's bliss-filled expressions in that scene ...when he sees Nila looking out through the window....makes me cry :)....There's a mean guy(kid) who makes fun of the fact that Krishna is mentally retarded ...& even derives pleasure in scaring him...The bonding between Shwetha (Amala Paul) who is the school correspondent & Nila ...is also very very adorable :)....One day, she decides to drop Nila ...Krishna goes running to the school in search of her anxiously ....another awesome scene! :)...Back home, Nila tells him - whenever you miss me, talk to the moon...& they also play & cuddle in the rain :) ..WOW!! :)

There's a competition among the school kids...Nila narrates a rhyme & then goes backstage & hugs Krishna....the mean guy kid's turn arrives...& he stammers...Krishna sends Nila to the stage...Nila goes & helps him out with "Johnny johnny yes papa"...& saves him...she wins the prize...the guy then goes & kisses Krishna on the cheek!! :) ..WOW !!!!!!!! BRILLIANCE YET AGAIN !!!!!! The teacher aptly says "indha kozhandhengalterndhu naanga katthuka vendiya vishayangal evalo irukku!!" ...ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!! :) :) ....FORGIVENESS, LOVE & COMPASSION TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER IS THE WAY TO LIVE IN LIFE !!! :) :) ...WHAT A MORAL !!!!! ANIMALS CAN PUT ASIDE THEIR DIFFERENCES...KIDS CAN PUT ASIDE THEIR DIFFERENCES & LIVE IN HARMONY, PEACE & HAPPINESS...WHY CAN'T WE?? :) :)

Now, before close friends of mine LAUGH at me for telling this...:P :P & say "LOOK WHO'S TALKING !!!" :P :P....
Lemme make it clear - mistakes can be forgiven ...when you forgive people, they usually learn from their mistakes...BUT...when the same mistake is repeated again n again even after repeatedly being forgiven....IT HAS TO STOP AT SOME POINT :)....which is why I can't ever forgive some people in life :) ....

poonaiya manikkalaam...naaya manikkalaam....aana...paamba manikkamudiyaadhu!! :) :) ...paambukku manippodu velai theriyaadhu! :)


Shwetha is petrified when she discovers that Nila is Krishna's daughter ...Here's the twist - Shwetha is Krishna's sister-in-law ...:)....she doesn't want Nila to grow up in the hands of such a man...so she tries to snatch away Nila ...from his hands..until...her father arrives...a very rich & influential man ....He decides to take Nila & Krishna into his custody....Then, on the way...he throws Krishna out of the car....we're back to square one :)

Anushka decides to help him find his daughter back....she takes it up as a challenge...despite knowing that she is up against the best lawyer in town, Nasser...who is on Shwetha's family's side...She brings Krishna to her place...Krishna goes to the terrace...talks to the moon everyday...Brilliant stuff :) ....In the meanwhile, Nila is restless as well....in their house....The 2nd half gets a bit commercial ...it is a court battle....

At one point, during rain, Anushka takes Krishna to Nila's house...Nila comes out of the window & does a gesture ...which makes Krishna go on cloud nine ...:) ...& all the viewers as well :) :)...another choking, heart-touching scene.....tears almost came...but I somehow controlled myself for this one :) ...ANOTHER SUPER-AWESOME SCENE WHICH VIKRAM HAS NAILED !!!!! :) ...It is at this point that..Anushka realizes she loves Krishna ...AND WE GET TO SEE THE SONG WITH THE ONE OF THE BEST PICTURIZATIONS EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - VIZHIGALIL ORU VAANAVIL ....OUT OF THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!! STUNNING !!!!!!!! MIND-BLOWING !!!!!!!!!!!!

***************SPOILER ALERT**************

Each side uses their wit ...some wonderful court scenes happen :) ...but then begins...THE EMOTIONAL RIDE...ALL THE WAY UP TO THE CLIMAX...:) ...After a series of twists & turns...Krishna ends up in Nasser's house...Nasser's son is not well...Krishna realizes that he's down with fever ...He rushes out of the house ..being chased by guards...everyone thinks he has escaped...but then ...surprisingly he comes back on his own ...with medicines ...for the kid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes popped up in disbelief !!!!!!!!! My mouth opened so wide that an elephant could've gone in !!!!!!! TOO DAMN AWESOME !!!!!!!!! I almost cried for this one too ....I wonder how I tears didn't come out !! :) ...but they were right there!!!!!!!!!!!...ready to pour out any moment !!!! :) :)...

The doctor who was present there...said that it was the same medicines she had prescribed....Nasser is AMAZED....his wife is even more amazed....The next day....before leaving to the court....Krishna asks Nasser's wife if the child is doing okay ..& asks her to give medicines....She gestures to Nasser to drop the case...but Nasser refuses....GESTURES FORM AN IMPORTANT PART OF ACTING ..FULL CREDIT TO VIJAY FOR UTILIZING GESTURES WHEREVER NECESSARY...:) :)...

Then ...begins the final showdown...Nasser tears apart Krishna in the courtroom...Krishna starts crying...he is choked...& doesn't have any words...to say....But then, Nila arrives ...in the courtroom ....AND WHAT HAPPENS....THIS TIME ...I AM NOT GONNA DESCRIBE ...THE SAME EXCHANGE OF HUGS...KISSES ETC...WHICH I TRIED TO DESCRIBE EARLIER..HAPPENED...BUT THIS TIME....I WILL NOT DESCRIBE IT ....I AM ALREADY CRYING AGAIN AS I TRY TO DESCRIBE THE CLIMAX !!!!!!!!! :) :) :)...

I CAN ONLY SAY ....I WAS SO MOVED LIKE NOTHING HAS EVER MOVED ME IN LIFE BEFORE ....I CRIED LIKE I'VE NEVER CRIED IN LIFE BEFORE....N I WASN'T ASHAMED OF CRYING !!!!!!!!!!! ....EVERYONE AROUND ME IN THE THEATER...WAS DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING !!!!!!!!! :) :) :) ......ANYONE WITH A HEART WILL ATTAIN SALVATION ON SEEING THAT SCENE !!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!! VIKRAM'S EXPRESSIONS ...NILA'S EXPRESSIONS...THEIR ACTING !!!!!! WOWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN !!!!!!!!!! AGAIN ....I HAVE NO WORDS.....ONLY TEARS IN THE EYES !!!!!! :) :) :)...

It was NO surprise that Nasser himself started choking...was short of words...& then dismissed the case himself ....on seeing the father-daughter scenes at the court !!!!! My tears slowed down ...but came back in full force again ...as Nila ran forward to hug Krishna....and their reunion ....would've SHATTERED EVERYONE'S TEAR GLANDS....AND I'M SURE THE THEATER WAS FLOODED WITH TEARS !!!!!!!!!!!

But then comes the MAJOR twist - Krishna decides to give back Nila to Shwetha ...as he wants Nila to achieve her dreams of becoming a doctor...he knows that with his hands...he can't make Nila achieve her dreams....WOWW !!!!!!!!! TOTALLY UNEXPECTED ....BUT AN OUTSTANDING ENDING ...THE MOVIE COULDN'T HAVE HAD A BETTER ENDING THAN THAT !!!!!!!!!! :) :) .........THAT IS WHAT LOVE IS ABOUT .......
THAT IS WHAT SELFLESS LOVE IS ABOUT .......SACRIFICES....WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was selfless earlier....until I found out that there was no one who realized it ...other than me myself....:)....BUT THIS MOVIE HAS REINFORCED IN ME...HAS RE-INSTILLED IN ME....SELFLESSNESS :) ....AND THE BEAUTIFUL THING THAT LOVE IS ...IN THIS WORLD...:) ....NO ...SORRY....TRUE,SELFLESS LOVE LIKE THIS....IS SOMETHING OUT OF THE WORLD :) :)....IT IS SOMETHING HEAVENLY !!!!!! :) ....THERE CAN'T BE A BETTER THING IN THIS WORLD THAN INNOCENT LOVE LIKE THIS ...:) ....THIS MOVIE HAS GIVEN ME THE CONFIDENCE TO CONTINUE TO BE THE SELFLESS, CARING, GENUINE PERSON THAT I WAS :) ...

CHILDREN ARE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD ....INNOCENCE IS BLISS....
People consider me as innocent, immature, childish ...what not!!
WELL, IF I ACTUALLY AM THAT WAY ...I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE !!! :) :) :) :) ....N I WISH I NEVER GROW UP ...COS I'LL BE HAPPIEST THIS WAY !!!! :) :)...
I remember Arun CS once telling me - "you're like a child dude....you dunno anything ...you're lucky to be that way..in fact" ....Oh yes I am !!!!! :) ...

*******SPOILERS OVER*****************************

  • CLASSIC, CHANCELESS DIALOGUES IN THE MOVIE:
1. "amma yen saamy ta ponaanga?? saamy-ku amma illiya??"
2. "nee appa kooda irukkiye...naan yen appa kooda irukka koodaadhu??"
3. "mudhal dharava...thothathukkaaga peruma padaren"

  • CHIYAAN :
CHIYAAN IS GOD !!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!! HIS BEST ACTING EVER !!!!!!!! AFTER MANY MANY YEARS....VIKRAM STRIKES GOLD / PLATINUM / DIAMONDS...WHATEVER !!!! HE STRIKES THE JACKPOT WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF A LIFETIME !!!!!!!!!!!!! IF PITHAMGAN DESERVED A NATIONAL AWARD, THIS DESERVES AN OSCAR....

VIKRAM PROVES THAT HE STILL RULES ....& SHALL RULE FOR A LONGGGGG TIME....Surya & co are STILL kids ...:)....for sure!

  • ANUSHKA:
It was such a pleasure seeing a heroine for the first time being potrayed with such DIGNITY !!! The sharpest contrast possible...to Anushka's skin-festivals in Telugu movies...& Anushka CAN ACT VERY WELL !!!!! Wonder why all Telugu producers are only behind her skin ...n NOT her acting !! It is HER BEST ROLE TILL DATE...

  • THE LITTLE GIRL ...NILA:
SHE IS AS GOOD AS CHIYAAN....I'VE NEVER SEEN A SMALL GIRL SO CUTE !!!!!!! ...TO GIVE SUCH A PERFORMANCE AT THAT AGE....WOWWWWW !!!!!!!!!

  • NASSER:
The role was tailor-made for him...does a BRILLIANT job YET AGAIN !! KUDOS !!

  • SANTHANAM, MS BHASKAR ETC:
They provide laughter where needed :) ...Very refreshing :)...They do justice :)

  • GV PRAKASH:
HIS BEST BGM EVER...THOUGH HARRIS-LIKE, SUPERB BGM ...THE MUSIC ALONE IS ENOUGH ...TO MAKE ME CRY !!!! :) Vizhigalil oru Vaanavil SHOULD GET A SPECIAL AWARD...FOR ITS PICTURIZATION...

  • VIJAY:
THE BEST THING TO HAVE HAPPENED IN TAMIL CINEMA DIRECTION....AFTER GOUTHAM MENON & SHANKAR....

THANKS TO VIJAY, THE FUTURE OF TAMIL CINEMA IS IN SAFE HANDS...:)...

if there's ANYTHING bad in the movie...it is the duration ....it could've been trimmed ...BUT NEVER MIND !!!!!!!

AN ABSOLUTE MASTERCLASS MASTERPIECE OF A MOVIE......NO MOVIE HAS EVER MOVED ME THIS MUCH....NO MOVIE HAS EVER MADE ME CRY THIS MUCH !!!!!!

I AM GONNA BUY THE ORIGINAL DVD....& I AM GONNA WATCH THIS MOVIE AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE.....IN THE THEATER......

WOW AGAIN !!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT CALL THIS A MOVIE....
I WOULD CALL THIS AN EXPERIENCE.....ONE WHERE YOU FEEL DIVINE BLISS....WHERE THE LOVE SHOWN ON SCREEN JUST TOUCHES YOUR SOUL AND GIVES IT THE ULTIMATE PEACE & BLISS....:) :)

ONCE AGAIN...THANKS TO THE YUVAN CONCERT N THIS MOVIE....WHEN I DIE, I'LL DIE VERY PEACEFULLY & HAPPILY ...:) :)....& MY SOUL SHALL ALWAYS REST IN PEACE...:) :)...

I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHETHER I GET MARRIED OR NOT ....BUT BEFORE I DIE, I SHOULD DEFINITELY HAVE/ADOPT A DAUGHTER LIKE NILA ....AND LOVE HER JUST LIKE HOW KRISHNA LOVES HER IN THE MOVIE :) :) :)....

P.S - I have not watched I am Sam or Taare Zameen Par...







No comments: