Me on FB

Sunday, December 12, 2010

LIFE AND ITS TWISTS...

An unusual post...one with not too many smileys like my usual posts :)

Life, if anything, is an action-comical thriller ...Most of the times, it is an action comedy...But the sudden twists which happen give it a completely new definition - twists which are totally unexpected, totally unforeseen, things which one would've never even dreamed of...
Its a "chow-chow bath" ...combination of "kesari bath" as well as "khara bath"..:D

I usually write a blog post once in every two days or so, but I was away from blogging for the past 3-4 days...because I was busy with some unusual work - things which one doesn't do everyday...like depositing, checking on and withdrawing a dead body from the mortuary and then performing death rituals and then subsequently, cremation in the cemetery.

My father passed away on Thursday morning, due to a massive heart attack. One minute. One minute is all it took, to bring a lot of concerned people's lives to a standstill and consequently, to give it a new definition. By the grace of God, touch wood, I've been able to weather it all. God alone knows how! :) I just hope I continue to have this kinda strength forever.

Not quite uncommon to my posts, here's another round of thanking -

1. Thanks to God ...well, taking away my dad's life is not something to thank him for...But well, if that's how the story had to end & this was when & this was how he was destined to depart...so be it...We've no choice but to accept such happenings...

Thanks to God for giving us all (especially me :) ) the courage to stand through all this....& for seeing to it that the cremation and other things happened smoothly without any issues....

2. The whole family...for being there...Of course, it would've been close to impossible...if people hadn't been around...

3. Friends...
Well, thanks to all of my friends for their kind words and nice gestures...
However, there are few people whom I HAVE TO HAVE TO individually single out and thank -

a. Nithin & Pranay -
You guys've proved this once again - NOTHING LIKE SCHOOL FRIENDS :)...and NOTHING LIKE COTTONIANS :D ...
"Thank you guys I sayed :P ..May God bless u all :P :P"
Thanks a lot Pranay ...for being there till the VERY END...:)...means too much to me...thanks is all I can say at this point :)

b. Dharu -
I now realize what Cole means when he says he'll do anything for you and he'll even devote his life for you...:)....Seriously dude, you have a family to take care of...Yet, you left all that and were there with me till the very end...again, heartfelt THANKS from the bottom of my heart...is all I can say at this point :)...
@Cole - Dude...Dharu is Kevin dude :P :P

c. Kamle, Subhash, Sundar, Vinzie, Vidhya & Rashmi -
Thanks a lot guys...for waking up early on a Saturday morning :D :D...leaving all your work and coming from far off places (Of course, Kamle & Sundar excluded :P) to visit me :)...

d. Saranya -
For sending me what is EASILY THE MOST TOUCHING EMAIL I've EVER received in life :)...
It takes an AWESOME human being, SUPER-COMPASSIONATE soul and a TRUE friend to send mails like that :)...

and of course...to the rest of you ...for all your sympathies and kind words...

Coming to my father...well, he was great in his own way...with very good business acumen, professionalism, English as good as that of a Brit...and the greatest quality of them all - he was A FIGHTER...with an EVER-BURNING confidence & a NEVER-SAY-DIE attitude, marching ahead against all storms regardless of anything...Needless to say, he shall be missed by quite a few people...I can just hope & pray for one thing at this point ...as can & as do all of you who sympathize with me - may his soul rest in peace..

Well, coming to the year 2010 as such...
I don't know whether to call it the best or the worst year of my life ...:) ...a lot of good things've happened, like me having graduated with a Masters degree from an awesome university( I miss you OSU! :) I never thought I would, when I was there in Columbus :D ...but here in Bangalore, I do miss you! :) )...

I had my FIRST EVER PROPER tour in life...:)....I was a lone tourist, almost covering every big place in the US ...in a tour that lasted 2 months :)....That was EASILY THE BEST PHASE OF MY LIFE so far...I felt like I was in a fairy-tale...where life was all about enjoyment and making merry...Well, that has now inculcated in me, a desire to become a travel show host at some point later on in life..:)...

Coming back to India and cherishing every bit of joy Bangalore and Chennai had to offer (Well...Mumbai too ;) ;)...for the 7 odd hours I spent there in transit on return to India - a time I can never forget for the rest of my life :)...truly one of the best moments of my life...at that stage )...all the food-joints...yeah...that has given me a desire to become a food-critic as well...later on in life :D ...after enduring a series of bad interviews, thanks to the grace of God, I landed up with multiple job offers...:)...

So, it certainly cannot be called as the worst year of my life :)
But, I'm not sure if it can be called as the best one either...because of a few situations which qualify to be classified as adverse...or grave...
Well, I really dunno...cos there are 2 ways of looking at such situations -
a. Complain, cry & crib constantly about them...and say...life is so damn unfair...life is such a bitch...Why am I even living with all this utter nonsense going on...etc etc
OR
b. ACCEPT every single thing which happens in your life...and derive the positive essence of it ...and look at THE GOOD it has done to you...and overlook the bad...

I've turned into a person who always chooses option b :)...So I really wouldn't go on and say life is unfair...Why me? blah blah....Well...problems are there everywhere...No one in this world is alone and problem-free...that is the only way the world is united :D hehe...
Life is all about survival....and one should make the most out of every single thing in life...be it merry or mirth...

Well, to mention some things which I no longer call as "terrible" ...but which QUALIFY to be classified so :P -
Well, as I've mentioned in some of my previous posts....It DOES pain even the most practical, professional & emotionless soul on earth...when one realizes that he has been USED-AND-THROWN...
when one was valued and loved SOLELY because he can BE USED FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE i.e. materialistic+non-materialistic profit...
Well, that happened to me :)...I had trusted a few people WAY TOO MUCH than I should've...and ended up being taken advantage of :)...being used-n-thrown...These were people whom I held in regard immediately after my family...& at times, I guess I might've unknowingly even offended my family by giving more UNDUE, UNDESERVED importance to these people..than to them....My apologies to my family...for that...

Well, I could've sat and brooded about it even now...In fact, I wouldn't've mentioned about it in this post...But this fits into context - I'm talking about life being kesari as well as khara bath :)...
Anyways, I'm HAPPY to say...I'VE MOVED ON :)...I'M LONGGGGGGG OVER ALL THAT NONSENSE :)...THANKS TO GOD!! :)...Thanks to those people as well, who aren't any longer a part of my life :)...They might've achieved their goal of using & throwing me, but I dunno if they've realized that they've IN FACT, indirectly made me stronger my leaps and bounds :)...IF ANYTHING, they've done me A FAVOR...:)..and a GOOD ONE :)...

Well, readers, please don't mistake these lines as those to seek sympathy :)...I'm not writing these so that people can come and tell me - "Oh! You poor soul..." :)...Well, I might be washing dirty linen in public...but that's not what I'm trying to do....that wasn't my intention...
I can do and have done very well without any sympathies :)...and even if I need some, I already have enough of sympathies...:)...hehe...
Hope you guys get the message...I mean to say...I repeat - life is a chow-chow bath...where you end up tasting Kesari as well as Khara bath :)...

Anyways, all these incidents on my personal front happened at a time when I was trying to get a job...Though they did affect me negatively for a day or two...For the most part, they've had a HUGELY POSITIVE impact...:)...just ADDING to my strength, courage and confidence...and thanks to God, almost immediately after I decided to put an end to the nonsense that was being meted out to me by those people, I got a job :)...it was almost like as if it was God's way of justifying my actions :)...thanks to God, I was able to harness & convert the negative emotions within me into courage & determination :)...

And once again, thanks to my uncle for recommending "Many lives, many masters" to me...I've learned to ACCEPT things in life...AND MOVE ON...:)...
THE WORD COMPLAIN IS NON-EXISTENT IN MY DICTIONARY :)....
WHAT WE GET IN LIFE IS INDEED WHAT WE DESERVE!

Looking at a positive aspect of my dad's untimely death, it was good that everything happened within a minute and he didn't have to suffer physically for months together before departing...
and yes...as far as me being a responsible guy is concerned, I've now advanced to the next level...with this happening in life...

To conclude, I would just like to say one thing -
( @Cole - "onne onnu...I wanna say something :P :P :P" )
ONE CAN NEVER SETTLE DOWN IN LIFE...:)....JUST WHEN YOU THINK LIFE CAN NEVER GET BETTER, A SUDDEN TWIST HAPPENS WHICH MAKES YOU FEEL LIFE CAN'T EVER GET WORSE THAN THIS :D ....AND AS YOU THINK THAT, A SUDDEN MIRACLE OCCURS WHICH DRIVES AWAY ALL PROBLEMS IN A FLASH...:)
So...in life...BE OPEN TO ANYTHING....AND BE ACCEPTING !!!! is all I can say :)
ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Like they say, life is a wave with crests and troughs...
When one is in a crest, he ought to be prepared for a trough....and when one is in a trough, he ought to look forward to a crest soon :)..
Well, the current phase of my life does indeed qualify as a trough...But thankfully, because of the pattern life follows, we can look forward to a crest soon :)...I'm optimistic...things will get better soon :)...they have to! :)...
I have no complaints of any sort in life :)

Thanks to all of you once again for all your support...It certainly has helped me in more ways than one :)...
Ashwin..






14 comments:

peterson's bio said...

Ash - a beautiful, heartfelt, heart-tugging post - thanks for sharing it, and all the very best, as always, in life to you - know that you and your bro' will do very well in life, for all the great, positive qualities you have as human beings - you will always have our love, affection ans support - Affly, SB

Ashwin S Kumar said...

Thanks a lot :)

ashwin said...

You put everything I had in mind and talked to you about. Thanks ! I can never put out my feelings like this !

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@Ashwin -

LOL..:D ..we must have more conversations like that! :P ...hehe

pranay said...

GOd bless you ashwin... We will be with xot always...

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thanks dude :)

Divya said...

Hi Ashwin,

Sorry to hear about the sad demise of your father. May god give you and your family the strength and courage to overcome such a great loss. May god bless you.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

Thanks :)

?! said...

Take care and May God be with you through Life and all it's twists.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@ ?! ..whoever you are -
thanks! may God be with u too!

Nithin369 said...

U r a true fighter Ashwin...kkep up this spirit, u can win the world over.this blog would inspire any damn creature..and as pranay said we'l always be der for u..all the best..

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@Nithin -

thank you aae!! May God bless u all :D :D...
I will fight aae! :P If anyone has that kind of so much gutss, let them come forward I sayed! :D :D...else, if they are scared...let them write in the chit and give aae!! :P :P

hehehe

Abhiram said...

Nice post mama. Just want to say - I am sure God will give you strength to fight.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

I See. Thanks mama :P