Me on FB

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

REASONS WHY I LIKE "DIL TO PAGAL HAI"

JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POST OF MINE...THIS ONE HAS A LOT OF "MOKKAI" :D...AND IS QUITE LONG...:D

I'm sure there are days where anyone of my age group who believes in love (at least I, for one) badly feels like watching candy-floss, sugar-coated, hugely melodramatic romance..:D.....
Okay...even if I can't generalize, fine...lemme be specific....Today was a day in which I felt like watching one..:D...

Once in a while, (not too often...but not as rare as a Halley's comet either) I get into such a mood :).....Usually, when in this mood, I watch my ALL-TIME FAVORITE film - Minnale...Until date, I feel it is THE BEST exemplification of love as seen from a guy's perspective...Of course, one of the main reasons why the makes the feeling of love sink in you is Harris Jayaraj's unparalleled music and background score...It comes as no surprise that this alone shattered the monopoly of AR Rahman...The other reasons are of course, Reema Sen :) (Just because of this movie alone, she was my favorite actress until Tamanna came onto the scene...and redefined "dream girl" ;) )...and Gowtham Menon's PERFECT, IMMACULATE understanding of romance from a guy's side..:)....I'm sure every hopelessly romantic guy can see himself in Maddy :)....

Whatever, I, for one, can see myself in Rajesh Sivakumar :P.....and "mass-hero" Sundar in Chokkalingam (Vivek's character :P :P....ok ok...kidding :D :D sorry macha )......Of course, I don't mean that I would lose my head completely over some pretty girl I just saw :P....nor do I mean that I would do all the sidey things which Maddy does in the movie to get to spend time with her ...:P......I mean the way he enjoys EVERY millisecond of his time with her...and how much he feels when the love story comes to a tragic end.....all that so reminds me of me ..:D.....Of course, the happy ending of the movie is what makes it a true MOVIE :D...cos love stories end happily only in cinema :P......and very very rarely, in real life :P....
Real-life love stories are perfectly depicted in Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya :D ( Another Gowtham Menon classic which I initially HATED...but then ABSOLUTELY LOVED :P....when I realized the harsh reality of love stories in real life :P )

I NEVER EVER get bored of Minnale...But I couldn't watch it today because - I lost my DVD :(...I couldn't watch it online because of the limited internet plan here...and I was too lazy to go to the CD shop and get it ..:P....Another love story I love to watch over and over again is Happy Days....THE PERFECT EXEMPLIFICATION of ENGINEERING LIFE...I couldn't watch the movie, again, for the same reasons :D )....A Walk to Remember, Titanic...again same reasons :D.....(no DVD...and the rest)
Madraspattinam - I saw it too recently :)....

I was watching the song "Naan nadandha adhiradee" from Sura on Sun Music (Tamanna is oh-so awesome in that song :P :P )...after which I switched channels...the next channel was Set Max...and the movie which was coming was "Dil to pagal hai"...WOW! :) ...It was THE MOVIE to watch...after an otherwise boring and lackluster day...You can call it some sort of a coincidence....because after a long time, I was playing some random music on my keyboard....to while away time....and ended up making a tune....which, for a change, sounded very Bollywood-ish...( will upload it sometime )....just like an SRK love song for some Karan Johar movie :P.......and here on TV...was indeed, such a movie....

It was about 10 minutes into the movie....just after the song Le Gayi Le Gayi.....I decided - OK...I'm gonna watch this today....Right now, as I'm typing this line...The "Arere are" song is coming....I'm alternating between sight-adchifying Madhuri Dixit (She looks BEAUTIFUL!!!) and typing these lines :P ...So, some of them might not make sense...as my mind is elsewhere! :P ....Ok...jokes apart...This brought me memories of my childhood....

FINALLY, after all the "mokkai" :P.....here comes the actual point :)
Several reasons why this movie is SPECIAL to me :)...and why I like it a lot

1. This is the 2nd movie I watched with my uncle (I mentioned in my previous blog post, that he's the one with whom I've watched the most movies in my life) ...in Melody theater, Chennai....The 1st movie I watched with him was Mr.Nice Guy, starring Jackie Chan, (in Woodlands-Symphony) just the previous day :)...

2. "Arere are yeh kya hua", from this movie, was THE FIRST SONG which I self-learned to play on a small white Pencil-box-sized Casio keyboard, at the age of 13...during my 7th standard...:)

3. Every time I watch Shahrukh and Karishma in this movie....it makes me yearn for a Nisha (Karishma's character) in my life too..:)...one who would love me the way Karishma loves SRK..:)......
Ok..yeah..I agree I'm too much of a dreamer :P....But...it is NOT wrong to dream, is it? :P...
and I'm sure this is the fate of most guys in my age group :P....they can, but just DREAM! :D..

I might be different in my opinion, but I CLEARLY FEEL ....Shahrukh and Karishma just set the screen on fire in this movie....I've not seen a chemistry and emotional bonding like this UNTIL NOW....in ANY Hindi movie.....NO...I don't like any of the SRK-Kajol movies also....AS MUCH AS I like SRK-Karishma in this one.....They're just THE BEST together....in this movie....It's of course a disappointment, that they don't end up together :(.....perhaps, depicting today's reality :)..

4. All romantic relationships have been shown VERY WELL in the movie....Every relationship is about romance, BUT each relationship has a unique, different flavor, be it SRK-Karishma, SRK-Madhuri or Akshay-Madhuri.....

5. Love stories which you grow up watching are the kinda ones you would always wanna see..:)....During my childhood and adolescence, love stories were those in which there was a guy named Rahul / Raj (played by SRK) ..:D :D....yes...I really am a big fan of the movies which have the stereotypical-lover-boy SRK...:)...This one is indeed a classic :)..

6. The heroines of the movie -
Karishma ...after a spate of Sunil Shetty kinda masala movies :P......in this one, she's SUPER-AWESOME...and OH-SO-LOVABLE....Like I said, it makes me so wish there was someone like her in my life too :).......Women like her are surely ones whom any guy of my generation would wish, never grew old...:)........

and of course, Madhuri....she really is GRACE personified.....I like her a lot too :)....But my heart really goes to Karishma in this movie :)....anyways....both of them dance like Goddesses....Their dance in this movie is almost unparalleled till date....

7. One of THE BEST musicals in Bollywood...EVER......HATS OFF, Uttam Singh...I really wished he got offers as good as these thereafter...It was sad to see him disappearing after just a couple of masala Sunny Deol movies after this.....Anyways...IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT THE SONGS OF THIS MOVIE ARE LEGENDARY AND CULT CLASSICS.....to say the least....It is just TOO AWESOME to listen to Udit Narayan and Lata Mangeshkar effortlessly delivering every song in the movie ....Of course...due credit to Asha Bhonsle too for "Le gayi"
"Arere are" shall ALWAYS be whistled...across every generation...
"Chandni kuch kaha" is a song which instantly comes to mind when one sees the moon...
"Chak dhum dhum" is probably the first thing anyone would hum when it is raining ...
"The dance of envy" shall always be a track which helps dancers bring out the best in them...and can potentially be the best tapper of their potential :)...
The music of this movie too, like Minnale, is a huge contributor for the feeling of love to sink in you...:)...

Hats off, Yash Chopra! :) You will ALWAYS be remembered for being one of the FINEST filmmakers of Bollywood....and this movie is one of the biggest feathers in your cap :)....
Love has rarely been shown so BEAUTIFULLY in any movie, as it is in Dil To Pagal Hai :)....

Well..that's about it I guess...:)...
Of course....such romantic feelings, hopes etc...should probably be limited to movies :).........
It probably is not advisable to hope for true romance in real life :D :D......
as "romance" in real life, in most cases, has been all about materialistic/non-materialistic profit...deceit...promises which were broken/never truly kept....until of course....the house came crashing down...:)...

But...enakku risk edukardhellam rusk saapdra maadiri :P :P :P.....I BELIEVE IN TRUE LOVE...
I KNOW I'M A TRUE PERSON....:)...AND I KNOW....THAT SOMEDAY, THERE WILL BE SOMEONE...WHO WILL BE TRUE TO ME :)....

I SO STAND BY THE TAG LINE OF "DIL TO PAGAL HAI" - "Someone somewhere is made for you..."

Mera Dil To Bilkul Pagal Hai....aur Pagal Rahega...Hamesha ke liye :P :P
( Yayyy...I just spoke better Hindi than T Rajendar :D :D )
Cheers :)
Ashwin..

4 comments:

Abhiram said...

YAAAAAAAEEEEEEEY! I did not even the read the Dil to Pagal Hain crap :P

But yeah, lucky you did not say Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

Ashwin S Kumar said...

HEHE! :D

sun said...

dei, even I din read the Dil to pagal hain stuff but talking bout Gautam`s movies, I dont want to these things in his future projects:
"Am crazy about you", "I have fallen in luv wit you" and touching gal`s feet .....

Ashwin S Kumar said...

HEHEHE...

@Sundar -

The most recent dialogue in his movies is "I wanna make love to you" :P ...