Me on FB

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Something intriguing about astrology....:)

LOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG post again :)

It all started when one of my bestest friends ( quite unsurpisingly..:P....a girl ) and I were chatting about compatibility (not specifically ours :P :P) ...she decided to check compatibility based on zodiac signs....I laughed it off...Astrology and zodiac signs had ALWAYS been a laughing stock for me....

MY THINKING BACK THEN:

I just could not believe and buy how someone can predict your future based on when you are born...and I used to find all this going to a "josiyar....swami...baba" and verifying the "jaadhagam...horoscope...vaastu...." etc etc as NONSENSE :D....Like in the movies and serials, I find it really funny when a saffron-clad bearded guy comes and throws a pair of dice ...or else...asks a parrot to pick up some cards....etc etc....( remember the Vadivel joke? :D )

And it really used to irritate me when I would hear of people going to different "josiyar"s because one wasn't good....well...WHO IS GOOD !!!?? :) ...It is once again, a gamble!!!....A profession in which a guy happens to be lucky with his prediction and is touted as AWESOME...Well...Hats off to all the astrologists who are there in countries like USA, UK etc...They've made a good career move...considering the Indian mindset and craze for astrology :)....I am sure they are MINTING money big time :)...

Well...before I stir any controversy....
lemme be clear....NO OFFENSE TO ASTROLOGISTS AND THE PRO-ASTROLOGY COMMUNITY..
It MIGHT well be a TRUE, LOGIC-FILLED and absolutely sensible concept.....
as good a "researchy" field as all the other sciences we have in front of us ....
I am not saying it isn't...All I am saying is ...It did not appeal to me....And I really felt a guy being right in his prediction was truly a stroke of luck...and nothing else....

I just could NOT digest waking up everyday to the loud TV volume of my dad listening to Gemini....he would flare up even if he heard the sound of a pin drop ...while the Gemini horoscope was being telecasted....and what was worse?? This wasn't just in one TV channel.....He would use the entire morning to listen to the verdict of Gemini in all the channels which came on the television!! If they were in Kannada, he would ask me to translate and tell him !!! Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thundering typhoon!!!!!!! :D

And the best part is ....I've seen many pro-astrology folks following only a subset of the instructions being meted out to them by their favorite astrologists....
Something like ..."Don't leave for work before 10.30 am" would be welcomed with all hands :)....
whereas an instruction like "Don't eat ur favorite snack today" has well been ignored :P ...

NOW:
So....to gist it up....I was all anti-astrology until I chanced upon these SHAKING, SHOCKING, SURPRISING, FASCINATING, ENCHANTING articles about Pisceans...a clan which I am now proud to belong to :)

SOME of the points mentioned in these articles....make me feel like someone has secretly spied on me....and written them !!!!!
BECAUSE I AM SO WHATEVER IS WRITTEN IN THEM!!!!!!
A few examples of points which DESCRIBE ME TO A "T"
  • Pisces people are not much interested in the material things of life and are not the ones to run after money. It's not that they are against riches, but they are more aware of its impermanence. They are not greedy about anything, least of all wealth.
Yes...I am LEAST INTERESTED in making BIG money....Money's the root cause of all evils....Had I been interested in money and all material wealth, I would've still been in the USA and probably settled over there....:) Many of them, including some of my family members have the innate or imbibed funda that "Big money => a happy life ahead"....

Well...On the contrary...my funda is - "THERE'S MUCH MORE TO LIFE BEYOND MONEY"
  • A Piscean characteristics profile exhibits loads of charm and a very easygoing attitude. He is not bothered by restrictions, as long as he has the right to dream and live his own life.

Ahem ahem!! ;) Charm?? :P ...Well, you people should tell me!!! ...if I am charming or not :P :P......But easygoing attitude - Certainly!!! Well...I am very very quick to make friends...as I am a non-stop FM Radio-like chatterbox....I am usually very chilled out with people...Yes..I do like to do my own crazy things and realize many, if not all of the small crazy things I have always wanted to do....no matter how childish or immature they sound....Because of this reason, I am often branded as innocent, immature, childish and what not!

Well...again a simple funda...
"If I do not do this now...then when I will do it ?? After I am 80 ??"...

If only this rule applied to my assignments, tasks and homeworks :P :P...and prevented me from procrastination!!!!!! :P :P....hehehe :D
  • He can give the most sarcastic comments, be extremely rude and lash you with a scathing tongue.
Yup :)...When I am angry with someone, I do not blast them openly..:)...or immediately...I have this tendency to keep pricking them with sarcastic comments...and be extremely rude towards them....not answer them properly...in an attempt to make them realize that what they did to me ...was wrong!!!

That's the thing about me...I can simply ignore them....but I do not! :)...when someone hurts me, I seldom do that...I am at rest only if I give it back to them..again...not immediately...but slowly :)...More than me telling them what is wrong with me...I usually tend to want them to realize on their own...as to what they could've possibly done....which hurt me that much...

But finally, when I am prompted and can't hold it within me anymore, I come out all guns blazing....The "Anniyan" in me shows up :D ....However this sounds, well..this is ME..:)..this is WHO I AM..:)....Pleased / Displeased to meet me? :P
  • When he sees the world, his eyes seem to be covered with rose-colored spectacles. Pisceans live in the world of their own, even when they are completely aware of the rough side of humanity. In their world, everyone is good and everything is beautiful.
Oh yeah!!! :) ...I have this inbuilt filter in me...which always tends to see ONLY the BEAUTIFUL things in life..:).....and I wouldn't deny that...I am often in a world of my own...a dream world...where I tend to imagine that I have all the love, care and attention I would love to get :)...that someday, there will be someone who will live just to see me happy...( Of course, such a person thankfully already exists in the form of my mom :) )....and that there will be someone who loves me JUST the way I am....and would appreciate absolutely anything ...minute or humongous....that I do for her....and would feel blessed every second....to be mine..:)....( ok..naan romba Mani Ratnam movie paarthurkena? :P :P ).....

Yeny other yimaginason pass to me?? :P :P ...Ok...Continuing the yimaginaason...:P.....apart from the special one....I also imagine myself having 2 daughters...:)...yup, let's have some girls in the country...the count is decreasing at an alarming rate....and those 2 daughters would value me at least half as much as I value them....forever :)

Also, in my dream world....I tend to imagine that I am a widely loved and appreciated one-man show :P (someone like T.Rajendar...but not as hated by all....as he is :D )....basking in all my films' (which would be pleasant, meaningful and box office blockbusters :P) success...and people singing praises about me and my talent and my nature :P.....Also, getting to act with all the beautiful glamor queens :P :P....South Indian movies, in particular, Telugu movies have so many romantic stories involving ugly heroes and the cutest/hottest heroines......and such movies would make any man and guy curse the hero, call him a "lucky b******" :D.....and wish he were instead of him....!!! .......I also imagine myself giving concerts in stadiums and singing my songs.....for which people shout at the top of their voices and dance throughout....
I imagine around 50 people at least liking every facebook photo of mine :P :P...

ok...yeah yeah....before I get replies like "DEIIII !!!!! ROMBAVEEE OVER !!!", c'mon man!!!!!!...it's a dream world!! :P...anything and everything is allowed :D ...if there's anything you're allowed to do in this world... WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS ..it is to dream!!!!!!!

Alright..END OF INCEPTION :D .....now before this becomes a blog post about my dream world and not about astrology :P...lemme snap out of my dream world and get back to reality :P...

"even when they are completely aware of the rough side of humanity"
Oh yeah!! :).....Some of the things I've done for some people whom I had considered closer than "friends"
(NAMES WON'T BE DISCLOSED :) But I am sure..whoever I am referring to...have understood it by now...If they are reading this)
have never been quite seen :)...or if not, they've been glanced...and then that's it....they've never been valued....:)...they've been forgotten very easily....TRASHED!! is the best word I should use :)...

In reality (well...at least...my reality...for one), the concept of "gratitude" and "valuing people" doesn't exist at all....humanity isn't kind...it is filled with ingrates...Whatever happened to good, old true friendship where you "value" one another?? These days, life is ALL about using and throwing people...
"Friends" remember you...and act nice with you....ONLY when they need something from you...Else..you are unwanted baggage which has to be discarded...I can very well be that way if I want to....but I am proud to have been brought up on a contrary way...If I be that way...there's no difference between them and me....

I may never ever come even remotely close to doing anything for any film in reality :)..and my "concerts" in reality have left people yawning :P and sleeping :D :D......

Reality is about doing B.E, M.S in Computer Science..:).....joining a software company, stabilizing life....
(I'll use the word probably here...because I still believe there CAN be a girl who will like just the way I am)....
probably getting married to a girl with whom there is some remote sign of compatibility....having children...trying to make them study in good schools...while I (and may be my wife) slog it out in the IT arena...lose hair soon....and go to VLCC hair therapy...become very fat...join a gym....and not go at all..because I am too exhausted after working for 20 hrs per day....after becoming fat...ending up with diabetes, heart attack, high blood pressure etc.....and one fine day, PERISH....without enjoying anything in life....
That's reality for you :)....The REAL LIFE is hard n harsh :)...it is not at all nice :)
  • They have a very sharp memory and tend to remember the minutest of details.
Well well...you can ask any of my friends about my memory...Harinee, Arun CS, Manasa...they'll tell you how awesome it is :)....I remember birthdays and friendship days - the day I first met a friend....and things like that very well...:)....But I only wish I can effectively utilize this razor-sharp memory power to remember technical stuff in Computer science!!! :D
  • When we give a description of Pisces personality, one of the basic traits that come in mind is its soothing stability. Even in the worst of storms, a Piscean will never panic and will maintain his poise.
Ahaan! :) ...In spite of many "tension parties" in my family and friends..around me....in most situations ...I am as cool as a cucumber...and as solid as a rock :)...Of course..when it comes to people around me...I do get worried easily....But if it comes to my own self....I never ever get worried :).....that, by itself, is a cause of worry for my mom :D...
  • He is a great organizer and pays attention to details
Well..that depends on what I organize :P...I CERTAINLY DO NOT ORGANIZE MY HOUSE WELL :D...But if it is something I really want to organize well, rest assured it will be done so :)...like my sendoff party..in 2008 :)

Regarding attention to detail...well :)...Only Arun CS knows how much attention I pay even to minute details :)...while doing something I am passionate about ...for example, say, adding even a faint tone or echo or some kuttttti sound effect...or a lyric line...or a voice-based effect...or using Arun CS' favorite chords :P...while making a song....no one else knows this about me :)...
  • loves people and attention
Isn't my 24/7 activity on facebook and gchat proof enough for this? :P
  • overflows with optimism, innocence and zeal
Well...innocence...I dunno :P....but people say so ..that I am innocent..:)....Optimism and zeal..certainly!

  • He is deeply interested in music and art.
Yes sir! :)

  • He loves to help people in distress and utilizes most of his energy doing this only.
Yup..true happiness in life...for me...comes from serving others and keeping them happy...

  • You will never know when a Piscean is profoundly hurt. He hides his deepest emotions behind a veil of humor. The humor may be warm and innocent or cold and ruthless. However, it is sure to be a mask for some other emotion, more often than not.
Oh yeah!! :) I had mentioned this a little earlier...but it's true...One will NEVER come to know how hurt I can get :)....Even now, some people do not have the slightest clue of how much grief, anguish and hurt they've caused me :)...and I don't think they ever will :)...Even after reading these lines, they will think - "naah..it can't be me!!" :)
  • Even those who are weak by choice will get Pisces shoulder to cry on. He knows all your vices and virtues, understands them and will still be there if you need him. He wants to help everyone; still most of the people fail to understand the sensitivity of the fish. He absorbs the positive as well as the negative vibrations around him.
Yup..that's the best part...I am still there...and will always be there....even for those people who've hurt me big....Sensitivity is indeed the other name of Ashwin S Kumar :) :)....I am a rock when it comes to everything in life...but when it comes to relationships with people (in general...not just the love story relationships :P )...I am very very sensitive..:)..

  • A Piscean man will never ever be short on emotions and romance. Infact, he practically breathes them
Aye aye, Gap10!! :) ....Yes...Ashwin S Kumar aka "sensitivity" aka "a plethora of emotions"......and if you ask Arun CS or Harish :P :P ...Ashwin S Kumar aka "Gemini Ganesan" :D :D ...hehe

  • He is a very good listener and people always come to him to discuss all their major and minor problems.
Already discussed..

  • A Pisces man is very sensitive and can get hurt very easily. He appears to be confident of himself, but on the inside, he is painfully shy. He needs to know that you appreciate him, care for him and love him. He has a very quick temper, but the anger subsides as quickly as it comes.
BULL'S EYE!!!!!!

  • He trusts you totally, but remember he is also a man and will definitely expect loyalty from you. As far as he is concerned, you will get plenty of reasons to be jealous, as he will have close friends of both the sexes. He will also appreciate beauty, but he will never be disloyal. That's just not him. If you can cope up with this, you will be rewarded with the most romantic husband, with whom you talk about almost everything under the sun.
That was for any family who's seeking alliance of a 23 year old Tam Iyer boy...M.S paduchavan..(hopefully nalla velai vaangaporavan) for their daughter :P...

  • He learns quickly from the people he admires and respect. He will listen patiently to their childish problems, provide them with solutions, keep their imagination oiled and minds active.
Yup...I have learnt a LOT from all the people around me...and I have even picked up many good and bad things :P from them.....and yes, I've helped people with childish problems too...


  • Remember that a Pisces man is very fond of his dreams. Never ever step on them or laugh at them - he will be hurt. Infact, believe in them and one day, you may be walking on the red carpet besides him. Trust him, give him love and keep him emotionally nourished. In return, he will shower you with lots of love and affection and provide you with a happy and rich home. Don't nag or criticize him and always support him in realizing his hopes. Nurture his imagination and one day, you will find yourself blessed with some incredibly good luck!
To whoever is gonna marry me....got it? :P :P

That's it folks ...I have a sudden interest and fascination in astrology now....I find it very intriguing :) .....
YAY!! I now have another activity to kill time when I'm bored...:)...okay..before anyone pounces on me (I meant...the time..apart from the time I use to apply for jobs :P )
.....It would certainly be very interesting to investigate the factors and processes based on which people make such predictions :)....

Bottomline -
I'm now not all psyched about astrology :)....but I've just developed a respect for it :)....after some random person who doesn't even know me has described me to perfection based solely on my date of birth.....while some people who know me for years haven't figured out these things about me :)......
I no longer feel astrology is meaningless :)....
And yes...Pisceans ROCK!!!!!!! :)......
I LOVE MYSELF AND THE WAY I AM !! :)

JAI ME!! :P

2 comments:

Abhiram said...

True about the Pisceans thing. The nicest and noblest sun-sign. If a person is a piscean, you know immediately that he is nice.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

Of course! Pisceans are AWESOME!! \m/ :P