Me on FB

Thursday, December 31, 2009

TO ALL THE "BUSY" FOLKS IN THE WORLD - SOME QUESTIONS FOR WHICH YOUR ANSWERS WOULD HELP :)

THIS POST IS INTENDED FOR BUSY PEOPLE - HENCE I HAVE TRIED TO KEEP IT AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE...SO THAT YOU DON'T WASTE TOO MUCH OF YOUR TIME...READING THIS :)

This is the last blog post from me....for this year :)
Happy New Year to all of you..God bless :)
May this year make all of you much more closer towards what you are busy working for, if not making you achieve what you are busy working for.

This was a very eventful year, to me. There were some happiest days in life and saddest ones as well. A proper sine wave.

Anyways, the year just left me wondering over the nature of you people -
( These are some of the general symptoms of people who become busy. At least, these are some of the things which happened to me, when I was insanely busy. )

-Being busy does change your life. It changes a lot.
-It makes you eat improperly, sleep improperly, causes a lot of physical and mental stress / health issues which are otherwise not there.
-You're unable to spend time with people as before. You're unable to do the things you otherwise like to do.
-It also adds to your temper - you become angered and frustrated very easily.
-Your life is disrupted and everything is just topsy-turvy. You will hate life.
-I can go on and on adding so many points here, about what being busy does to your life.

BUT, here're the questions which I am pondering over (BECAUSE NONE OF THESE EVER HAPPENED TO ME....EVEN WHEN I WAS INSANELY BUSY) -

- DOES BEING BUSY CHANGE YOUR BASIC ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOUR LOVED ONES / FRIENDS ? DOES IT MAKE YOU CARE ANY LESS FOR THEM THAN BEFORE ?
AND MORE IMPORTANTLY,
DOES IT MAKE YOU VALUE THEIR CARE FOR YOU ANY LESS THAN BEFORE ?

- DOES IT MAKE YOU SEE FRIENDS/LOVED ONES AS A BURDEN TO YOU...RATHER THAN A BOON ?

-THERE MAY A ZILLION THINGS RUNNING IN YOUR HEAD AND WORRYING YOU, BUT IF THERE'S SOMETHING / SOMEONE (in the plural form - SOME THINGS / SOME PEOPLE ) WHO IS TRYING HIS LEVEL BEST AND GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, WON'T YOU FEEL LIKE DEVOTING AT LEAST 10-15 MINS OUT OF 1440 (IS THAT TOO HIGH A FRACTION TO ASK FOR?) TO HIM
................... TO MAKE YOURSELF AS WELL AS HIM FEEL BETTER (BECAUSE HE WILL FEEL HAPPY THAT HE MADE YOU FEEL BETTER) ?

- WHAT HE DOES MIGHT NOT ACTUALLY MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER,
BUT ...AT LEAST WON'T THE FACT THAT HE IS ACTUALLY PUTTING IN SO MUCH EFFORT ..TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER...COUNT ?? WON'T YOU FEEL LIKE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT ??

- OR IS THERE ANY THOUGHT WHICH COMES INTO YOUR MIND....LIKE ...
"AAAH...THAT JOBLESS IDIOTIC FOOL...HE BREAKS HIS HEAD TOO MUCH ON SUCH THINGS...WHAT CAN I DO? I CAN'T HELP IT...ITS HIS HEADACHE....LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS.... I DON'T CARE...I HAVE MY THINGS TO DO AND ATTEND TO...AND I HAVE TO DO THEM" ??

- WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU FELT YOU GENUINELY CARED FOR YOUR SPECIAL THINGS / PERSONS? ACCORDING TO YOU, DO YOU STILL FEEL YOU CARE FOR THEM LIKE YOU USED TO BEFORE?

I am assuming that the busy people who read this....have, by now, wasted enough time ...and they've to get back to doing their work.....:) :)
BUT...if you can spare some time...to give me some answers to these questions, I would be really grateful to you..:)

God bless you all :)

To those of you who like to be busy - May God keep you busy through out next year as well :)
To those of you who like to no longer be busy - I pray that God reminds you to be a little more considerate to people's feelings :)...rather than being considerate just about work..:)

Ashwin.






12 comments:

Abhi said...

This, for some reason, reminds me of "take care of him aunty"! I hope it rings a bell :) :)

And your statement - "last post of this year" is funny.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

HEHE! :D

Of Course! :D

How can I forget "take care of him aunty"? :D

Psygote said...

Is this blog written with "someone" specifically in mind?

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@psygote -

hmmm..does that help in answering the questions? :)

anyways...to answer ur question...

yes...someone in mind ...did cause me to write this post :)...

Ketaki said...

Good Post. Though its for everyone to reflect upon (made me think too), its easy to guess that there is some specific audience you are hinting at! ;) well.. but well written anyway! :)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@Ketaki -

Thank you :)

Prashanth said...

I hope that "someone" replies :) Wish you luck :)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

haha..thank you Prashanth :)

Swa said...

cant help sayin this.. but yea.. Aks Shayan and you help me go tru many things painlessly.. thanks guys for being there.. owe you a lot :) Love ya guys.. <3

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@swathi - same feeling here :)...thanks :)

Sindhuja said...

Hmm.. Well written (as usual) Ashwin, but me thinks you shud talk it out to them.. instead of writing a blog on it.. If this friend means so much to you, don't you think its better to get things sorted out by talking rather than writing a public blog and getting opinions from junta like us?? If I were at the receiving end of this blog(god forbid) I am not sure how I will react to this!

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@Sindhuja -

Thanks :)...I wanted to do that...but thanks to some people :)... I realized..:)..and I myself thought it made sense :)...that..."there's no point in forcing a person to care for you...if the person doesn't feel like / doesn't want to" :)...

I usually never expect anything from anyone...even though I might've done everything in the world for them :)...but the least I expect of them...is that they at least value what I do for them..:)...( Is that too much of a thing to expect? :) )

BUT..in this case...EVEN THAT didn't happen :)...So...I was way too upset, hurt and affected by this..:)...to keep it to myself :)...so I had to write down my feelings :)...over here

I might've not written this here...if only the person had time to listen to me ..:)...but I guess nothing can be done :)...some people are just wayyyyyy too busy :)