Me on FB

Sunday, August 9, 2009

CEDAR POINT - A HELLish HEAVEN :)

Hey people..

Here I am..back to blogsphere...after what seems like ages....
I had just returned from a trip to the HEAVENly heaven :)...India...:).....
n was still reeling in its hangover...after returning to Columbus....

I found it real difficult to get adjusted to the do-it-urself routine after being spoonfed for one month...

Anyway, Thanks to my friend Arun here...on Saturday....we decided to go to Cedar point....It is one place I had always wanted to see...but not very badly wanted to see....Anyway, the opportunity came yesterday...and there was no way I was going to miss it..:)

We left early in the morning, reached there in about 3 hrs....and much to our dismay, it was pouring cats and dogs...some of the attractive rides like Raptor were closed....We got to experience our first roller coaster ride, the Wicked Twister at around 1 pm or so....

It was brilliant ! Even the bravest person on earth would've felt a little fear...Anyway, that was like an awesome intro...for what was up next :)..

We waited for 2 hrs...on a HUGE unruly queue....for the main attraction of the place - Millenium Force , the world's best roller coaster..:)...at least the best one for me...

My teeth started chattering as soon as the coaster went up...I could see the Lake Erie.....and other HUGE loops...The view was real SCARYYYY!!!

I was not alone when i screamed - "SH*********TTTTTTTT !!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SH**" :D

.....It reached the top...and before making the downward surge...I just had a look at Lake Erie...and for a second ....n before I could react, it made the surge at the speed of lightning!

The next thing I knew....I was holding on to dear life :D...and joining the chorus of riders screaming at the top of their voices!! :)....it made the downward surge...and EACH TIME....just before I thought it was over....there were a dozen more ENORMOUS topsy-turvy loops to go!!

I could hear people say along with me - AWWWW NOOOOO NO NO NO NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D ...
AWWWW COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE **** :D......WHAT IN THE WORLD !!!
OHHHHHH FISH......HOLY CR*P

and so on :)

I couldn't even wish that some1 took me off from there immediately....because we were TOO DAMN HIGH !!! damn it :)....We got a view of the whole amusement park from this one....BUT NOT A GOOD ONE!! ...A REALLL SCARRRRRY-TO-DEATH VIEW!! :)

THIS WAS SIMPLY BEYOND WORDS TO EXPLAIN...:)..AND UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST RIDE I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE TILL NOW....

We then had lunch..by then the rain had stopped....they had opened the place's main attraction - The Top-Thrill Dragster ....they were testing the ride...

In the meanwhile, we went for the free fall ride....Power Tower ..this ride is there in Wonder La, Bangalore...but over here..it was a lot higher :)..The view from the top...was again..scary :)....

it was a routine chorus ...saying OMG!! from the top....and when it suddenly began to drop down...every1 screams at the top of their voice!!

Anyways....the last one ...the Top-Thrill Dragster was an experience OUT-OF-THE-WORLD...
You are sitting still in the coaster...waiting for it to take-off.....and it takes-off...AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!! :).....

The next thing u know....u r holding on for dear life.....It reached the top in about a couple of seconds...REALLY....AROUND 2-3 SECONDS..:)...and when I saw the view....I could see just about the whole world :D :D....it was not a good one...it was SCARY-TO-HELL...YEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....MY HEART CAME TO MY MOUTH....

its a safe feeling when u r flying ...but ABSOLUTELY NOT when u r gonna go down in the very next fraction of the second, the same way u came up !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)...
Another chorus started!! :D.....My heart remained in my mouth...until we reached the end :)

Phew!!!! By now, we ABSOLUTELY had our money's worth......the other small roller coasters....( which are similar to the ones in amusement parks in India )....really looked like kids' rides now!! :P....after going in Millenium Force and Top-Thrill Dragster..:)

Finally, we just took a ride on the cable car......the purpose of which was exclusively for photography...:)

The camera came to my hands :P...lol..and as expected...I did not show any mercy :D....Photos were clicked faster than the speed of the top thrill dragster :D :D.....

We returned......whew!!! For the first time...I felt that I had done something WORTHWHILE...after coming to the US.....This is truly the best thing I have seen in the US..so far..:)..

I am ever-ready to go again and again to this place any time :).....

and someday later on in life...I am sure to bring my special someone too...;)...here

( ok that was just to make the post spicy and gossippy or watever :p...so that I get some comments at least :D :D )

5 comments:

c said...

Hi Ash - Glad you enjoyed the rides and had a great day - now about the special one, from my experience of the Agasthya women, well, you might want to stay some distance away during and after the rides !!!!

Sindhuja said...

You planning to take someone special there? Why! To bring her heart into her mouth? :P

Anyways glad that you went out finally and enjoyed!!

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@"C" - ha ha sure...:D..thanks for the warning :D

@sindhu - yeah yeah..see...if her heart comes to her mouth..i can see whether i m in her heart or not ;)..:P :P :P..thats y :D..

sri said...

I'm beginning to think Lake Erie was named only after the Eerie feeling u get while viewing it from the top of the rides there! ;)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

lol...yeah...possible..:D