Me on FB

Friday, February 13, 2009

FEAR OVERCOME !!

WARNING: NOT FOR WEAK HEARTS :D...there are some parts in this post...which certainly may freak out some weak hearts :)..if read by them, it'll evoke reactions like - "yappa !!! cheeeeeeeeeeeeee !! goddddd !!! shit !!!!!! ewwwwww !! aiyyooooooo" :D ..n so on :D

Until 3-4 days ago...I used to scream and jump onto the sofa or the bed....whenever I saw teeny-weeny mice moving quickly from under the tv to under the fridge...That's what I did ..when Bharath came to my house that day...:D ( hehehe..no no...Bharath is not the rat...:D...wait...let me finish :D )...when bharath came home that day..we saw a mouse moving fast...n ya...you guys can ask Bharath how scared I was...I bet he would've had one hell of a time laughing..after he left !! :)

the speed with which they moved...almost redefined speed !!

Me getting scared of rats/mice dates back to long ago...right from my high school days....
where, if a rat entered a room in the house...I wouldn't enter the room...until the rat was dead ! :D n the "velaikkaari"/"kelsadhavalu"/maid servant threw it away n cleared the mess...with phenyl...

My PUC/secondary school days were a phase of my life ...where i ACTUALLY used to study :)...n thinking back...I ACTUALLY was a geek then :D....( n before any of you hit back at me - NO !!! I CERTAINLY M NOT A GEEK NOW !!!! :D )...I used to get up at 3 am to study...n as soon as I saw a rat moving under the sofa...I used to stop studying...n go to sleep..but...in vain....:)..

I wouldn't get sleep bcoz of the constant fear...My mind used to be bombarded with all sorts of strange, undesirable thoughts...like rats sneaking into the blanket when I am asleep :D :D...or rats moving under the pillow etc...or rats waking me up n saying "good morning" :D....
rats and mice...are good to watch...only in cartoons !!! else...no way !!!!!!! :D

Sometimes they can get real scary...I remember..not so long ago...during my engg days....
I had to leave early that day....I was shaving my beard...at around 6.30 am...when I saw...a rat(BIG ONE ..."peruchaali"/"hegana"/bandicoot ) peeping out of the nearby wardrobe..and within a flash it climbed to the loft !! I got terrified ..n pressed the blade a little harder than usual :D...got a cut under my chin :D....luckily...there wasn't too much of bleeding...it was just another small cut...

Such was my fear...until 3-4 days back....I had seen a mouse scampering away many times..in my apt. I got a sticky trap, kept it just near the tv stand..which was its usual route...the next day ...early morning...3 am or something...i heard noises...got up n saw...it was caught...

I was very happy...BUT THEN...I was too scared...to take it out n throw it !!! It was ALIVE AND KICKING !! :D No maid servant here!!! I realized -"shit! I AM MY OWN MAID SERVANT..."...ERRR....NO NO NO NO..sorry sorry..." I M MY OWN SERVANT!!! :D :D"....I took a photo on my cell...from very far off...i didnt wanna dare to go near :)....So...I put on gloves...took a plastic cover...the mouse was vigorously and ferociously trying to break free...I got some undesirable thoughts even while holding the cover with the gloves on.."What if it breaks free n jumps on me???" :D :D "yappaaaaa :D"

Then..I took some minutes...gathered courage..and finally took the trap...put it in the cover...n stood for a minute...to breathe...the cover started shaking like anything..n made a lot of sound !!
I got scared again...RAN OUT AS FAST AS I COULD..TO THE DUMPSTER...THREW IT...N RAN BACK HOME :D...only then did i breathe....the whole day...I was still a little shaken by the whole thing...the thought of the mouse trying ferociously to break free recurred in my mind....

Anyway...
I slept well....next day morning...I got up...went online...saw something running quickly under the fridge....I thought I was imagining things...
then i saw another mouse...(for real :) ) following suit !!!!!
whoa !!! what a revenge story !!!!!! i get rid of one...n there are 2 !!!!!! :)
I got another stock of traps....
caught one yest morning...:)...wasn't too scared this time....
n caught one more...just few hrs ago! :)....this time...was not scared at all...I just said to myself -" Aaah !! here we go again! :)"...I took a real close-up shot on my cell :)...

Phew !! Finally...catching 3 mice in 4 days...has made me lose my fear of mice/rats!! If i see a rat moving now it'll just feel as though..an ant or a cockroach is moving :).....I am out of traps...I need to get the next stock..:) from the apt office...wonder how many more survivors are still there in my place...from the Columbus mouse community...:)....anyway....I am not scared now...
"Bring em' on baby!!!!!!!!!" :D...hehe..

n yes...After cooking and dialogue writing, I am blessed with another backup job now :) ....mouse exterminator...I think I am now sufficiently qualified for the job!!! wat say guys?? :D

- Ashwin

No comments: