Me on FB

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

HINDI and an ARR song - AT LAST !!!!!! ( pl use EARPHONES ONLY )

Hello People !!!

It feels great to be back to blogging after quite a long time. My exams got over a few days back. I am now an engineer !!! :) I somehow spent the first week of holidays without getting bored. But the second week was really very very boring. I was missing college big time. RVCE ISE was truly home to me all these years.

I ran out of ways to kill time. That's when I remembered blogging. Few of my friends asked me on chat, whether I have recorded anything of late. I said "Nope, will do so..soon".

Now, I have often had people(non-tamilians) telling me - "Hey, You always sing tamil man..How are we supposed to understand !!".

I decided that its time I tried singing Hindi songs. I was apprehensive all these days, because people know how "well" I speak Hindi !! :D...Hindi-speakers always like me, because they can pull my leg without me understanding anything!! :D....

N yeah...I have never recorded an ARR song till now.
Needless to say, ARR is a genius. Musicians will understand how difficult it is to even get the hang or feel of most of his songs, let alone each and every note. Moreover, he probably uses all the instruments in the world in his songs :)..Seriously, hats off !! HE is one of the very few who can MAKE MUSIC FROM EVEN NOISE, while most of his contemporaries often end up making noise from musical instruments! :D..

This is UNDOUBTEDLY THE SONG of the season -
Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi from Jaane Tu..Ya Jaane Na...( Was the link necessary?? :D :D )
I wont't be a bit surprised if it goes on to be the SONG OF THE YEAR...

It is a BEAUTY from the legend - SIMPLE stuff...just a guitar and a flute form the basis of the song..apart from Rashid Ali's wonderful voice of course!!...but the song is EXQUISITE...Needless to say, it is like a VIRUS......Tell me one person who has not hummed/sang this song at least once....after he/she has listened to it !! :) ARR magic has time and again swept people off their feet. This one's no exception

As always, I am known for KOLAI-pannifying..( murdering ) the original songs...:D
N this time too, I guess I have murdered it little/completely..:D...Well....I dunno actually! :D..You guys've to tell me...

Here is my version...

Cheers,
Hope to be back with more hindi songs!
Ashwin.

20 comments:

netra said...

hey, its awesome :) keep posting hindi songs

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thank u netra :)

yeah sure...will do..i'm looking forward to recording ur voice also :)

Pooots said...

Hey this song has come out very well.. I must say you are getting better day by day at this! The guitar and the background score is also really neat...Keep it up yaar.. really awesome work :-)
And I am really that my favorite song of the season has been sung so well.. :-)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@pooots -

thank u! :)

prabzy said...

Its great

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thanks!

Prashanth said...

Very nice da :)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thank u kamle :)

c said...

Hi Ash:

That was great!!
Now that you have done Tamil and Hindi, why dont you try something new - "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses is fav of mine, and has a real great lead guita intro and nice lyrics too.

Cheers - Sheikh

Ashwin S Kumar said...

sure..will see if i m able 2 get the music

Rama.B said...

oh my god!! Bro ur voice is awesome! I got confused whether was listening to original song or urs?? and even background music was also good! great effort. Keep it up.!

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@rama -

oho! :D
hmmm..
thanks bro :)

Sindhuja said...

Hey Sindhu here...

I think I will keep listening to this version of the song from now, rather than the original.....

Now we know,you have an alternative career.. In case this IT industry goes to dogs [:D]

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@sindhu -

thanks :) :) :)

Suman Shivashankar said...

neat stuff! :)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thanks!

Arun said...

Awesome stuff .. Ash !! Dint know your hindi diction was this gud .. Were did you get the lyrics from .. As usual BGM rocks .. Sollave vendam ..

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@arun.

thanks! got the lyrics online...

Ketaki said...

wow... u sing so well man!

Ashwin S Kumar said...

haha !! really ? :D

thanks! :)