Me on FB

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

DANDANAKA !!!! AYE DANDANAKA !!! :)

Hey guys....

Looks like I can't seem to get enuf of music and blogging :)...
I'd put up 6 songs till now...Most of them being melodious ones....

This song is TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT EVER I'VE SUNG TILL NOW...is called "Kutti Pisase" from the movie "Kaalai"...its HERE
it is a hard-core "KOOTHU" song :)...as the very name of the post suggests ! :)..

now KOOTHU....is a type of music...which is a RAGE in the south...:)...
most often, the intro songs for heroes in southern films will b of this type only...

KOOTHU is characterized by loud, fast, heavy beats....meaningless and funny, yet enjoyable and catchy lyrics :D....( wat have jackie chan, tom cruise, bin laden and twin towers got to do with a dance b/w 2 people ?????? :D ).....n wen it comes 2 the video....the hero often wears a "veshti" :D and a weird-colored shirt...:)...n dances along with some glam doll....in the middle of a market..
his tongue is out of his mouth....for 3/4th of the song...:D

People dance to KOOTHU at many places....streets, marriages, movie halls, parties....
Dance competitions down south would be full of these songs only :)....

Major koothu hits in tamil include Manmadharasa, Appadi Podu, Yammadi Athadi and so on..Every Vijay movie will necessarily have a KOOTHU song..:)

This song Kutti Pisase....is a perfect KOOTHU...it has the beat, the lyrics, the voices and the dance :)...It has been composed by G.V.PRAKASH
Hez the nephew of the WORLD'S BEST IN BUSINESS - A R RAHMAN...
He has done magnificently well for himself so far, he has carried forward the legacy :)...
I hope we get to see the best of him in Rajni's Kuselan.

My mom got a headache when i was singing this song...:D :D...Hence I had to record it when she wasnt at home !! :)

I used to listen only to such songs...during my PU days....
only after engg began...I started liking melodious songs, thanks to Harris Jayaraj...

To be frank, now I do not like all koothu songs....but there r some songs...of this type...which really catch my attention...n make me listen to them again n again...:)

This is one...
HERE is my version...:)

Those who do not like KOOTHU songs..those who prefer the soft, soothing songs...will not like this one :)....
Those who do like KOOTHU....hope u like it !! :)

Next song will come only after exams !!! :D Till then,

Cheers,
Ashwin

13 comments:

prabzy said...

Its great :)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

lol...is it? :D

thanks :)

One said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One said...

It has come out well.. Funny too.. I mean the song :D Good job! :-)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thank u :)

Abhi said...

Excellent Singing. Great Going...
Abhiram.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

I SEE !!! :P
I SEE !!! :P

thanks mama :P

Prashanth said...

Hey Ashwin,

You are getting really good at this stuff. I think you should now try something different. Why don't you write a song, compose music, sing it and post it? If you can add a video to it, then \m/ (Hope I'm not asking for too much, but I'd love to hear your own composition)

Ashwin...the next Himesh???!!! :-P

Keep rocking!

Ashwin S Kumar said...

@kamle...

sure da..:)...after exams...thats the next thing ill do...probably...i can collect all the photos of our class...and make some farewell song :)...thats wat i have in mind...lets c after the exams..:)

but yeah..i surely wont sing thru my nose for that song !! :D :D...

thanks :)
ashwin...

Prashanth said...

\m/ Looking forward to it :-)

Prathibha said...

Great idea!! When would be presenting the farewell song? :-)

netra said...

Great going :)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thank u netra